1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I let the smoke out

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mycirus, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

While plowing at 3 am my lights were acting up and I smelled that electrical smell. Ah oh. My low beams wont work. All I have is the right side high beam. Thats the Module right? Anyone have one for an 08 GMC?

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Oh yeah, when I check my connections there was water in them. Like lots of it.

3. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

blew a fuse? blew the bulbs maybe? get some dielectric grease. i greased the crap out of every connection from the battery to the plugs.

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well I got a new module and that didnt fix it. What else can I check?

5. poolplayercook

poolplayercook Junior Member
    from 50316

I had the same thing go wrong but mine was the little plugs in the wiring conections they split open in the pigtails and was not making contact with each other hope this helps jim

6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well just found my underhood fuses for the lights blown. Got a ground somewhere.

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well finally found my ground. The square black box that is connected to the harness on the headlights had a hole in and was melted. A new truck harness fixed it. It was tie wrapped in good under the module so I didnt notice it right away. Its all good now.