1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i know this was talked wbout before

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vipereng2, Dec 13, 2005.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

comm parking lot what do you charge for a pick up to plow and sand.
    do you charge per truck or is it the same even if you use 3 trucks .
    we arg charging 80 .00 per push for 1truck should it be 80.00 per truck when it is 8 inches or more.and how much for droping sand.:confused:

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

You are clearing the lot one time , if you agreed to do it on a per push basis , it doesnt matter if you use 1 shovel , or 10 trucks , you have cleared the lot 1 time and the charge should be 80 dollars. You should never let it reach 8 inches or more plow it every 3 or 4 inches and charge the 80 dollars each time you do the lot . Sanding or salt charge what the market will bear

3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

ok thanks .now what is the avg charge is 80.00 cheep i thought 100 to 125 was the going rate

4. me1223

me1223 Member

pricing would depend on the size of lot. How big is this lot which you are charging 80$ for?

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

$80 for just a plow? $80 for plow & sand/salt?

$80 lot would take me a half hour maybe less working on a 0-3" fall just plow no salting. I don't wait for it to get deeper. These are prices I go by but hey it may be differant in your area. I know up in th U.P. of Michigan they look at you like your crazy at those prices. Even in Kalamazoo in lower Mich. those are steep prices. It all depends on what your area market will pay and how you sell yourself compared to how good you are.