1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I know its July, but you have to get ready sometime!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Elwer Lawn Care, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Pulled out my blade today and hooked it up to the honda. I also pulled just the blade part of a 48" blade that i got when we made a vee for a friend. I started grinding down the 48" and i think i'm going to make removable wing for it similar to the boss wings. That was it will be a scoop and i can take them off to do sidewalks. I'm going to make all new push tubes for it so i can interchange it with my 60" if need be. I'll post some pictures when i work on it more.

I even ordered a winch today for my rancher, had the mount off of my brothers old rancher so i figured i should just buy one. So this year i should have 3 complete blades available for 2 different 4-wheelers.

And to think its only July and I want to plow but the grass is still growing so i shouldn't complain.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

no pics WTF

3. Elwer Lawn Care

I'll work on it tomorrow and get pictures for you.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thanks buddy:waving:

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We need Pics!

I'm going to start working on my stuff soon too

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

All I have to do to get ready is throw the orange light on the front. Change my diff fluids and the oil. put the plow on and i will be set.

7. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

8. Elwer Lawn Care

For 400 bucks i can get off and move it!

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

same here man $400 is a little too much lol.

10. sublime68charge

yea I have done that for the last 6 years and over time I have found out that then my gloves get wet and then it just makes the next 2 hours of plowing snow with wet and cold gloves miserable.
    heck as it is now I'll make 3 pass's at something instead of getting off and moving the blade to the proper angle.

I also got a soft cab for the ATV this spring and so getting on/off alot for blade position changes will become more a pain in dealing with the Cab door. So I was thinking the being able to angle from the seat is the way to go. ATV cab from http://www.atvcabs.com/ I got mine new in box never used for around $200,

been saving up a little each month to pay for the Electric Angle.

somebody had a thread on here about the pain of getting in/out of the ATV to angle the blade with there soft cab so I am gonna forgo that dilemna.

will have some reports and stuff once the white stuff starts flying.
    sublime out.

11. sublime68charge

yea I know its Pricey but I wanted the ease of changing blade angle from the seat and havent' found a good way to due that yet.

Saved up money from my recerational monthly money pool which is money earned from odd jobs that I due.

12. Elwer Lawn Care

Some pictures..

Winch came today, ordered Sunday off ebay but its new paid 277 shipped. Pictures aren't good because of the sun. I had more but they didn't save.

I'm trying to make my wings now, i think i'm just going to add about 6 inches on each side but just make them straight and easy to pull off to go down small sidwalks

Blade work.jpg

winch.jpg

13. Elwer Lawn Care

A picture of how i'm going to attach the wings

blade work..jpg

14. sublime68charge

looking good so far,

Keeps the Pics and updates coming.

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya man keep the pics comming. Because im gonna get an old plow and make a 60" blade with extensions for mine. But I only have to add 3 inches on each side.

16. Elwer Lawn Care

Updated pictures.

Think I can make it look like a Boss?:D

plow...jpg

plow..jpg

plow...paint.jpg

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Wings look very good and it will look great red.:drinkup:

18. Elwer Lawn Care

got her in primer tonight!

Cant get a Boss so I have to make this one look like it! If only I had some Boss stickers:nod:

plow....primmered.jpg

19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

looking good

20. Elwer Lawn Care

Got first coat of red on today.

BTW...the wings are not pushed together to let the paint dry, didn't want people thinking there will be a gap.

plow..red.jpg

plow..red..jpg