1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I know its gonna snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowman55, Dec 30, 2008.

1. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

It drives me crazy I've been doing this for 18 yrs and still every one I know has to call me to tell me its gonna snow.

I know and I'm trying to get some sleep before it does so leave me alone.

Anyone else has this problem?
  2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

i get alot of texts asking how bad are the roads? before I even get on them. little annoying but i rarely get any sleep in front of a storm, hard to sleep when you know your about to get called in.
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

how about people who call you while you are plowing to ask if you are plowing
    gets annoying really quick
  4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

i get that crap all the time or the texts tellin me im gonna make some money tonight :gunsfiring:
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Boy do I hear you guys on this one. I eally hate it when my gf calls to find out how its going. Listen woman, if I am on the phone with you, I am sitting still and no work is getting done! GET OFF THE PHONE!!!!!!!
  6. metallihockey88

i invested the 30 bucks in the bluetooth ear clip thing...feel just as gay as all those weirdos look that walk around all day talkin to themselves but makes things a lot easier i must say
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That's true but if I had one of those I would no longer be able to use the excuse "I need both hands to plow" to get of the phone ASAP? :D
  8. metallihockey88

whos gonna know you have one? i leave mine in my truck with a charger, no one knows i have it so if its someone i dont wanna talk to, "click". :drinkup:
  9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I just say I need to focus on what im doing and not chit chat OTP, LOL
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes I call the guy I sub for since I'm way up north, and he's way down south when It's starts to snow to see how things are looking. He can't get quite annoyed...LOL

But sometimes I feel I get called a little to late, depending on when the storm hits, and believe me, I know when the snow is comming.

Sometimes I feel that my lots would get serviced much better If I was the one that told myself when to go out. He had it that way last year, but I've been waiting for phone calls this year....cause I know I'm always ready for it.
  11. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

by being young my mom and grandma like to call me as soon as they get up when its snowing. First thing they say is "are you out plowing" really pisses me off at the time they do it but when I look back on it now I just have to laugh!
  12. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I just flip the phone to speakerphone, and then I don't have to worry about it. I don't mind the phone calls, gives me something to do other than listen to the radio.
  13. TRKling

TRKling Member

Why can't you plow, salt and talk on the phone at the same time? :dizzy:

Nothing like a good challenge in the middle of the night, right?

The best call all night that I get throughout the night during a snowstorm that's annoying.. "What's that lot look like over there?" - duh.. snow covered