1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I know I'm anoying.....but

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brickslayer, Nov 13, 2008.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Anybody have any pics of a 2002 8'6" western stright blade. I'm just entering the plowing business and I found a good deal on a plow but it just looks much older then from 2002 from the bad pics he sent me. I don't want to drive 5 hours to just turn around. Thanks for helping a rookie!ussmileyflag

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's very difficult to tell the age of a Unimount by it's condition, so other persons plow pick won't do you a bit of good. A 5 year old plow can look 20 years old, or like the day it was installed brand new. Just depends on how it was used and how it was cared for. No different than any other piece of equipment or truck for example.

What you need are quality pics of the actual plow your interested in. That will tell you way more than anyone else's pics. :nod:

3. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I agree but this dude is OLD and I really don't think the plow is from this life time the way the pics from my phone look. I just don't know what a 2002 western looks like. Gotta start some where. I used to refuse to plow cause of snowmobiling but anybody owning a construction business now knows that the fun is done! By the way if I could post whats on my phone I would, I 'm just trying to make it easier to answer my question with a yes or no by finding what I think it might be.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

If its the plow in the other therad offer him $1500 cash and you will have a plow

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can you even identify it as a Unimount series plow? That would at least put it in the 1994-2004 ballpark.

If you post the best of the poor quality cell phone pics we should be able to at least identify it as a Uni or not.

6. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

It is a unimount. Have they changed much for 1994 to 2004?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing but the powercoating quality, otherwise no major differences. Thats one reason it's so tough to judge their age by their appearance, they never changed.