1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just picked up a Ventrac....how capable is this machine?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawntec, Oct 25, 2011.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I do over 150 driveways (condos), all are 20'-25' long by 16' or so wide. The plan is:

Using the 3pt hitch on the back, I will build and mount a pull plow with wings, back in and pull all the snow onto the street. My question is....how wide can I build the plow? It will have wings to box the snow in and avoid windrows. Will it handle a 7' box?

Note: Bulk of our snows are dry.
  2. hawkfan45

hawkfan45 Junior Member
    from Ohio

This machine is capable for sure. If you are waiting until the snow gets too deep you may have to get a snowblower to handle it.

I would think that a 7' box blade would probably work... I use a 6' straight blade on a ventrac and it doesn't lack any power even in the heavy wet snow. If most of your drives are 16', do you really gain anything by going to a 7' blade? It sounds like you will probably have 3 passes with a 6' or 7' blade? I would probably just buy a 6' blade from Ventrac and modify it.