1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just love the pencil whippers!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We havent had any snow since like, oh I dont know, maybe 3 or 4 days ago. Yesterday there was enough stuff to salt but then everything dried up nice last night. This morning there were a few other companies out salting. I was just doing a bunch of spot salting but 2 of the larger companies in my area were out it seemed in full force. The one company was laying down liquid on entire lots :confused: and the other company I saw out had at least 5 of their 15 salt trucks out blasting already powder white lots. Maybe if they lay enough salt down and they keep the lot white'ish they can plow them too.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

know what your saying, we have only had one or two salt events so far. there is a plaza here that has so much salt on it that you feel it under the tires when you drive though the lot.