1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just got leds for my atv!!!!

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Louiso, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

i went to the store and picked up a few thongs

2 magents to hold the shovel
    1 strip of blue leds
    6' of tape

i am waiting for my pictures to download so when they do i wil post them!!!!!

2. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

Avoid those pictures please :)

3. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

i ment things !!!!!!!!!!

funny tho ha !!!!!!

my bad!!!!!!

ahhhhhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  4. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

1 pic downloaded

i will just post the pics once they download.

heres my first one

it shows one of the sides of my plow that i put the 2inch x 6feet red and white reflective tape. i dont know why it was its white when it really is not. its more of a gray

16161272277_ORIG.jpg

5. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

next one

this picture is of the back of my atv where i put two strips on the rack bars and 3 strips on the tool box. i did all the tape because when i was plowing the driveways that i do a cop showed up and gave me a warning that one i need a plate (but im not 16 so i cant do that...im 15 till 11/13!) and two that if i was driving it at night i would not be seen...even tho i have headlights and a taillight???.. but i did it so i dont get in trouble and can still be able to drive when i turn 16!

i put my finger in the picture so that you could see.. if i didnt the sun from the back door window was to bright!

16161515765_ORIG.jpg

6. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

next one

i put a strip on the front in the middle of the bars as shown in the picture vvvvvv

i did the top part of the strip and my little cuzin wanted to do one so he did the battom part...hints thats why it is not the same size as the top!

yes i could have fixed it but that would make him upset and it doesnt really affect me that much!

16161367715_ORIG.jpg

7. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

why cant i edit my first post to fix the thong into things???

8. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

you got 10min to edit a post from when its first posted, then its up to the mod's to do

9. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

thats kind of stupid..... but thanks for the info haha

can a mod please fix that so i dont look stupid please thanks

is it like that for all post or just the first??

i still have more pics but they are still downloading

i took them al with my phone and i dont get that many bars in my house so it takes a while ....ha

10. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

next one

here is where i placed my leds for now till i have more time to make a spot.

this is before they were all hooked up and worked.

yes i did think about the toolbox strap breaking the leds but i dont think it will because its was holding a hammer there for a long time before i put the leds there..ha never know when you will need a hammer

16163746011_ORIG.jpg

11. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

i did clean my quad today but not under it ha..it was at the house waiting for snow this weekend and not at my dads shop where the power washer is..

so sorry if its to dirty for you
    i like it..it shows i had fun on friday when i went riding!

12. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

next one

this picture is of the led in place and almost all hooked up..it was just touching the battery and not under the bolt!

it was blue or red and i thought well i have a red tail light so blue it is!

ha

16163922477_ORIG.jpg

13. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

do you think i should leave the leds there or move them?

14. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

last ones i think

first pic....close up of the led strip with it being on!!!!

second pic.... battery after hook up...its a samll ass wire

3rd pic..... back of atv with shovel and holders

4th pic..... shovel holder close up..it is a 2.3" diameter magnet clamp 17,6 lbs pull magnet! i have 2 of them

tell me what you guys think!!!!!

16164709024_ORIG.jpg

16164908208_ORIG.jpg

16164787784_ORIG-1.jpg

16164821442_ORIG.jpg

15. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

what do i need that will make it turn on and off but not by me disconnecting it from the battery....or make it stobe..

also does anyone know how to fix the car outlet thing on my atv? i dont remember getting that deep in mud or water! any ideas?

sorry im new to leds and strobes

16. Tosa93F250

Tosa93F250 Member

To turn it on and off you can just get a simple switch which will be sold at any auto parts store.

As for making them flash, I would be very careful of that. I'm not sure about Ohio laws but having flashing blue lights of any kinds is generally illegal in most US states. Law enforcement are usually the only ones allowed to run blue lights.

I know that many of the Canadian members use blues but that's because That's the Color for plows in Canada.

17. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

oh okay thanks but the i can just turn it off when i see th 5-0 or the po-po aka cops hahahah

18. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

hahah

night pics of the leds

16178110537_ORIG.jpg

16178073385_ORIG.jpg

19. tazzman15

tazzman15 Member

what store did u go to?

20. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

habor fraite.....or how ever you spell it