1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just got Insulted by the dealer!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by exmark1, Jul 14, 2008.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I just went to attempt to trade my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel quad cab sport off tonite. 116,000 miles overall decent shape, a few dings etc... from life as a work truck!

They offered my $6000.00:gunsfiring: I was like WTF!

I was looking at 2005 F-250 Diesel regular cab long box with 22,000 miles.

Has the used truck values dropped that much...?

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=56433

It's the older Dodge in this thread... Am I insane or does that seem like a slap to the face? I was willing to accept $10,000 - $11,000

2. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Looks like a sweet truck. How much were you looking to get? Are you selling it with the plow?

3. exmark1

That was without the plow... If I were to sell it out right I would say $12,000 b/o without the plow. The plow would be extra how much I don't know yet, didn't plan on selling it.

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

youre not wrong. thats a slap in the face. theyre gonna easily sticker that truck for $12000+. with the cummins, come on now!

5. exmark1

I booked it out fair condition trade averages between $10,500 - $11,500 depending on who you check with. They gave me some line of crap about fuel prices and trucks not selling...but for some reason that didn't seem to affect the price on the truck they were trying to sell me!

6. exmark1

7. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

your not the only one.. i went to trade my 2003 2500 SLT cummins with 115,000miles a few months ago $11,000 was the highest they would go...laughed at them and walked out the door... BTW, why would you ever get rid of a cummins and get a powerstroke????

8. exmark1

It's a clean, low miled red diesel truck. The 2001 has higher milage so I was looking to upgrade, can't seem to find another Dodge I liked on the used market around here.

I do love the Dodge truck and frankly have hardly touched a wrench to this one...maybe thats a sign to keep it!

9. stillen

stillen Senior Member

6000???

Sorry man, yes used trucks have little to no vaule right now.I work at a Dodge dealer, and this is all we here custoemrs complaining about now...

I get to buy the vehicles that come in on trade for what dealer gives to customer for trade allowance....

example.

I just bought a trade that came in.

05, hemi, qc, 4x4. 2500HD, BRAND new fisher plow 8hd, $11,800......... 31,135 miles.......

There is a GMC Sierra on our lot, 02, sierra, 2500hd, 75k, 4x4, SLE.... 7000 bucks, employee price...

As i said, trucks have NO trade in vaule, dealers cant give them away right now.....

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  10. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

It's not a total line of BS. I have an uncle that is a car dealer out west & he told me that now is the time to buy. some of the larger volume dealers are starting to get really scared of the drastic drop in large truck & SUV sales.....he said that 2 other dealers within 200 miles of him are selling the top tier of trucks& suv's ($45-65K) trucks for $.60 on the dollar and the Big 1 ton + diesels are on the chopping block first.

11. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

I agree used trucks, especially diesels, are very hard to sell.

But I think you have a great truck, with a lot of miles left. I wouldn't make that trade.

There are also some issues with the 6.0 Ford diesels - the Cummins is probably a much better motor.

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I tried to trade in my Dakota last week for a Ram 1500. They offered me $2500 trade in for it. It has brand new wheels and tires worth more than half of it! They said $1700 without the wheels and tires. I couldn't believe it. The books says $8400 before any add ons. They alled me the next day and offered $6000 for it. Still no go.

13. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

It is not worth trading in a used truck right now!

I'm going to keep mine and run them and just buy another one

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Not all of us, have the money to do what you do Clap.:D

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:D

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks, for your input! LOL

17. 06HD BOSS

wish it was like that around here. not much on price breaks yet. theres a large dealer with a 06 3500 gasser, dump w/ plow with 11k miles, that ive been eyeing for about 2 months now. they will not budge on price $28900. after many times looking at it, "the best" he can do is $26000 :dizzy:

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is that the one at Scranton Motors?

19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's the same here .Was looking for a new lease and the car dealer had 1200 cars and trucks in the lot,they wouldn't even come down or take a reasonable offer on anything.They keep telling you they would lose money on the deal.I guess they just like paying lot rental on all those car and trucks.

20. 06HD BOSS

negative. maritime motors. familiar with the area dave?