1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just got 2003 NPR dump. What next?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kopernik11, Nov 10, 2011.

1. kopernik11

kopernik11 Junior Member
    from chicago

Hello . First of all thank you for taking time helping me. I got 2003 NPR diesel for my construction business . Winter is always slow for construction so i am trying to figure out if snow plowing will be a option for me since i aready have truck. Was planing to work for some one . My question is .
    1.NPR 2wd dump any good for the business?
    2. What kind of plow i need it?(brand , size , etc..)
    3 How about salter for extra weight and money return?
    4 What other options/add on i should consider?
    Tx

2. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

You will find that a lot of your questions have been asked and answered before. Use the search option and get some of your answers right away.:)

You can run a 2WD truck to plow. It will just require a LOT of weight in the back. You also may end up getting stuck in the pile a little more often?
    That is a question that only you can really answer? How big are the lots you will be doing, how much $$ do you want to spend?
    Here again, without knowing your market and the types of areas you plow, it is hard to answer? It is a great way to add weight, but makes no sense if none of your contracts require you to salt?
    There are quite a few threads about what guys/gals carry with them while plowing. Other than that, the plow and salter are really the only things you will need?