1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just don't understand?????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mickman, Oct 11, 2007.

1. mickman

mickman Senior Member

My one 2003 silverado 2500hd wasn't shifting right, or wouldn't shift into drive.
    I take it to a big dealer, because I bought extended warranty for engine, tranny, drivetrain.

They call to tell me that the plow was wired wrong into some fuse? They unhooked it, truck ran fine, & does. They said that they would wire it right for another hrs. time.

OK, do it.... I get truck, & plow doesn't work. I have lights, no touch pad, or motor.
    Had to take back, they called, said it's fixed. Got in, drove around parking lot, & told them it still doesn't work, but plow cylinder on pump is raised. They told me I need the plow on to bring it down..there's no power to the unit a$$hole. I have 2 other meyer plows too.

They said to hook plow up, & bring it back...Not.
    What keyed fuse do you hook up to? We got power to touch pad & unit, but keeps blowing fuses. E-60 unit. I don't know what they did, but I won't take it back, but will take to my plow mechanics if I can't find the problem. All my plows are professionally installed.
    & they truck just started the shifting problem this month, after 4 years of having plow on truck.:dizzy:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The control harness or the touch pad itself has a short in it. Thats why it's blowing fuses, and it probably blew whatever fuse on the truck that the 12V power wire was hooked to, and that would explain the trans problem as well. On the 2500HD's, connect the power wire to the fuse marked "SEO 2" in the panel once you get the short fixed.

3. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Thanks B&B! That what I was thinking. All of my plows have differnt touch pads. I noticed that the dealership marked each side of the touch pad connector & it was not lined up the correct way. Thanks for your help. I just don't want to fry anything.

4. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Thanks B&B. we wired to the fuse block under the hood, & my lights work.
    we taken the cover off the touch pad, & it's fried. The dealership marked & connected the controller to the wire harness wrong. { wouldn't that have fried my controller?} They don't think so.

They charged me $355 for removing a wire, { to fix shifting problem } & said they'd re-wire the plow the right way. So now, I have the truck that shifts fine, but a fried controller that they will say they didn't do. But for now, we have taken the truck back
    [ 3rd time ] per service manager's request.

I told them to keep $200, & just refund the balance they charged to "re-wire" the plow, so I could buy new controller.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do they do plow installs? Do they know anything about plow controllers, or how sensitive a Meyer touch pad is to voltage spikes, let alone being wired incorrectly? I doubt it.....

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  6. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I had taken truck there again today. The one guy comes over and starts pulling up & down on plow motor stating it needs rebuilt, or maybe it's low on fluid. So I show them how the little hispanic dude marked & hooked up controller wrong, hence, frying the thing.
    I told them to smell it, & open it, & they can see it's fried!
    But I Did re-wire it and lights work [ thanks B&B ].
    They called & said they ordered new controller. that's all I wanted!$&%^^&%#
    The so-called plow mechanic there told me that controllers are cheap { under $50 }
    I told him he was nuts, & If he could get me 4 of them at that price, I'd take em'.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like your dealing with some real "plow expert's" there Mick. But at least they're gonna replace your controller..

P.S. If they can get TP's for less than $50 each... tell them I'll also take 2 dozen or so...:salute: