1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I just bought a new meyer E-Z mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JD657757, Nov 14, 2008.

1. JD657757

JD657757 Junior Member

I usually put Western snow plows on my trucks, but my dealer just signed up with Meyer and they were giving him deals on plows so in return I lucked out. I paid 5k plus tax for an 8.5 blade. It seems though a lot of people don't like Meyer plows. Do you think I will regret my purchase? Any issues I should look out for?
  2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

They're still in business, so that should mean something...
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

seems like an okay price. havent looked into meyers so i dont much about their pricing. ive known guys who loved their meyers, and a few of the newer town trucks are running them. im sure itll work out fine for you. by the way...where are the pics?
  4. JD657757

JD657757 Junior Member

I will get some up probably monday when the truck gets back from the shop.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I run meyer, but seems like you should have gotten a better deal then that. you can get a nice western for that price...JMO
  6. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

just bought a new boss 8'2" vplow $5100 out the door 5 k for the meyer seems high but you should be fine with it. Only problem Ive ever had is the pump freezing up. Just drain fluid and refill will work fine. Remember meyers only take snowplow fluid.
  7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Wiseguy- What do you mean when you say they only take snowplow fluid?
  8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Hello there we just picked up an 8 foot meyer for our dodge 2500. Ez Mount Express. paid $4235.00 tax included. Very easy to mount and dismount. Alittle more than 10 seconds but im sure ill be able to get that time down, rigt now it takes about 20 seconds! lol Good luck this year. Ill post some pics as well as soon as i find my camera. 4 kids and a wife that insists on taking pictures daily.ussmileyflag
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  9. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

You'll love it!!!
  10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

tranny fluid is not an option
  11. JD657757

JD657757 Junior Member

What do you mean that is all i use. Cant beat the price.:help:
  12. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I've used ATF to top off in emergency situations and never had a problem. Now I've only done it with older plows and changed fluid after. I can't be the only one.
  13. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Not the first, definitely won't be the last!
  14. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have put ATF in, but it eats away at the seals. No good for meyer pumps..
  15. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i'll i have to say is im sorry...

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Last season, I could get an 8 foot, C series 4 spring blade. E-57 pump and touch pad installed for $4200. $5,000 sounds a bit high even considering how steel has sky rocketed! Good luck with the new plow and post pics once its installed!
  17. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Thats sound more like what I expected to pay. My local Boss dealer quoted me 8200.00 for same plow for a 2002 F250. (last friday)

when I asked if there was any room I heard the song and dance prices are up because of cost of metal etc. Wanted to upgrade from my john deere garden tractor but that pricing made me think otherwise
  18. JD657757

JD657757 Junior Member

I will have some pics tomorrow i hope, still have not picked it up yet. Yes i thought it was kind of high but it was less then the Western and i wanted to try something new.
  19. evertonyardcare

evertonyardcare Junior Member
    from ny

allI have I have everowned I have a 6 1/2 and two 7 1/2s the pumps do frezze up in long travels when the temp is very low. they do good and they dont pop off the gas caps they fold down less prop and truck damage good luck plow well ussmileyflag