1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Just bought a 2005 jeep grand cherokee larado

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by toadtedrow, Dec 29, 2004.

1. toadtedrow

toadtedrow Junior Member
    from ohio

I just bought a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado, full time 4x4, what would be a good plow for this SUV for plowing snow for personal use?

Let Me Know
    Toad Tedrow

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Vehicle, does it have a hemi?
    As far as plows go, generally, the Grand Cherokees are not recommended for plowing. I think it has something to do with crumple zones in the unibody right behind where a plow mount would bolt. None of the "real plow companies" make mounts for the grand cherokees. I don't know what you need to plow and how much you want to spend. Snowbear (www.snowbear.com) would be a nice fit for a few driveways, and not alot of stress on the vehicle. If you are looking for a full electric hydraulic power angle/up down then the only option to my knowlage is to buy a blizzard from Jerre Heyer Erie, Pa 814-898-2171 Shop 814-881-4093 cell jerreheyer@adelphia.net. He makes custom mounts for the grand cherokees and to my knowlage has mounted a few Blizzards on Grand Cherokees. Ceck out blizzards website (link at the top of this page) as well. You would probley want the 680LT. I may be telling you much more then you need to know, personally i would put a snowbear on it, unless you really plan on doing more then a few drives and want a "real plow". Personally I would only recommend a snowbear at the most for that vehicle. The grands are built more for a nice ride and comfort then they are for handling plows. Thats not to say that it would not be a competent vehicle to push a personal use plow like snowbear. That combo would work great for your driveway and a few others.

3. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

yea... what he said... if its just for your driveway and maybe a neighbor or so, try a snobear type plow... what exactly are you looking to plow?

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have a 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited that i was thinking about putting a small plow on for driveways along with my 2500HD i am getting. Just no mounts for them.

5. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

im pretty sure the new jeep grand cherokee has ifs as of 05, so i would not think anyone is making a plow to fit it the truck is made to ride nice i think you may even cause a problem for the air bag system if nit is only your driveway i would settle for a snowblower or buy a rubicon you can definetly put a comm. type plow on one of them ...paul

6. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Those Grand Cherokees are unibody, correct? No frame = No plow. I don't beleive you can put a plow on a unibody, but I could be wrong. If there is a chance you could do, it's not something I would do.

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Unibody is not an issue my *Cherokee*, not *Grand Cherokee* IS Unibody and plow mounts are made for it and I plow with it. The issue as i said above is that the Grand Cherokees have crumple zones in the subframe (where a plow mount would bolt) that the Cherokees do NOT have. This and a few other suspension and GVWR issues is why no mounts are typically made for the Grand Cherokees. As i said i know of one Blizzard dealer that will make a custom mount but i have no idea how well the G Cherokee's handle plows. I would recomend a snowbear, power up/down manuel angle. They make a mount for the Grand Cherokees to my knowlage.