1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I hope this isn't a bad motor....??

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dirt digger, Dec 27, 2010.

1. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

well guys...first time out this storm in my brand new truck and used Curtis plow

plowed everything great until the last 2 runs of the day (at my house thankfully). Dropped the blade and went to pick it up and it sounded weak, the plow was slow to raise but left and right both worked fine

last push of the day go to raise the plow and nothing...no left, right, up, or jack.

I could here the solenoid clicking when i hit the jack switch and controller and tested at 14 Volts on both sides of the solenoid and 14 Volts going into the pump motor...but the motor didn't run at all...

Say it ain't so.....is my motor shot?
  2. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Sounds like the motor it is just like a starter hook 12 volts to it with a booster box or jumper cables and see if it turns.