1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I hope the forecasters are WRONG!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Alan, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

NWS update at around 4 this afternoon has us looking at 7-14" with temps in the 30s. I guess I must be getting old but I really don't want this. After the clusterflop that we had the last storm I'm gunshy. New tranny in the 2500, replaced the differential mount that kept breaking on one S-10 and checked otu the other S pretty good but I'd be just as happy to get a 4-6" hit that I know we could deal with easily. The banks have been melting back some, so we've got a little room to put snow but the gravel drives are softened up a lot. I'll keep the urethane edge on those if I can, that will help some on the difference between plowing snow and bulldozing. I'd like the revenue from a two push storm, but I won't relax until this one is over or fizzles out.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i was up in Jay vermont last weekend skiing at jay peak. i couldnt beleive how much snow you guys have up there. they mustve stacked the snow with a crane bucket. i dont even see how a loader could stack it so high. hope it works out for you.
  3. MJ

MJ Senior Member

I just put the plow back on tonight to be ready for morning. Weatherbug says 8"-14". Driveway is dirt and gravel and it's been thawing for several days, so it should be interesting.

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

They weather boys are saying 12 or move up my way. I guess we will regrade a few gravel roads free of charge.

5. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

MDB, I live 1 hour north of jay peaks, and they have greats condition over White mountain, same about Owls Head, Sutton and Orford on our side of the border.

Last years I went to Jay in feb. and scratch my board. Even on the top snow condition were no good, a lot of rocks and even the small evergreens were not covered by the snow.
  6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Man... I don't envy some of you guys that have gotten this much snow. It seem like every time I hear you guys talk about an upcomming storm, it's bringing anywhere from 6" to 30"+ your way. You guys must be up to your neck in the stuff. Good luck!

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

And it'll probably be the wet & heavy variety too. Good luck guys & gals. Jay peak had gotten 480" of snow as of last week!! Last weekend I was at Sugarbush which is probably 3 hours south of there and they had tons of snow as well. For you skiers & boarders, I highly recommend going to Vermont, I can't remember conditions that good.
  8. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

I wouldn't mind the snow but right now I don't have time.
    I'm in the middle of a major construction project at work.
    I am pretty much the GC on the job, so no time for snow.
    And we only have about another 4 weeks of "window" before we are in trouble.
    Its agonna be a long spring.