1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have to classify this as a "tool"

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by drivewaydoctor, Jan 30, 2015.

1. I have to tell you this tracking software has made my job so much easier. Not only does it keep track of where my trucks are and what they are doing but it helps me divert drivers when needed. Several times tonight I had to get a truck to a property and all I had to do was click the client's name then "locate nearest truck" then radio the closest truck and tell them the address to go to.

We had our entire route(s) plowed (and salted) in 6 hours this evening and as you can see by the image our route isn't tiny.

I even have the software programmed to email me and my clients the very second a driver enters a client's property.

The company I went with is called Fleet Complete and I have to tell you if you have multiple trucks on the roads this "tool" will help your business a lot.

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

What's the price tag?
  3. I pay $40 per month per truck.
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

That's pretty cool...

I usually know where my guy is.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah at Judy's when he should be working. I hope your Boss doesn't find out how much you screw around.
  6. lol too funny. I did catch my guys at a tim hortons for an hour once when they told me they were at a clients.

Its also useful if you see guys take "detours" to rack up hours.
  7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

When I first read this thread title, I immediately thought he was classifying a different Tool

How silly of me. ?:D
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes your better off not to know what guys are doing. If they're getting the job done in timely manner who cares if they take a detour.
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Cool service.
    But why can't you just track their phone?

I think I saw him

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

She knows how much I eat...