1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have newbie question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fazang, Oct 7, 2007.

1. fazang

fazang Junior Member

can someone please look at these pix

and tell me how to service this motor/pump......?
    i have only had this one year and want to perform maintenance on it so it lasts....

what bolt is the one to drain/fill oil in pump...?

i had a little trouble getting the plow to raise... it was creaping soooooo slow in UP direction.
    and left/right was not working at all !!!!!!
    plow was angled all way to the left so i held the switch to make plow angle right for like almost a minute and then it started behaving.....:)

cuz truck lives outside i know it's up hill battle but wanted some advise any way if you
    guys have any.....

-ALF out.... :help:
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plug at the very top near the lift ram is you check/fill port. It will take's a 5/8 wrench to remove it. The three plugs on the front down near the bottom are your drains and filter locations. The one in the center is your drain. One or both of the other 2 will have a screen filter behind it. Remove the plugs and using a pair of pliers, gently pull the filter/filters out and clean them. While doing the fluid change, make sure to also drain and flush the angle cylinders and hoses as the cylinders are where the majority of the trash and moisture will settle in the system. When you refill the system, be sure the lift cylinder is all the way down before refilling the system. After you refill it, you'll need to operate the plow functions a few time's to work out any air that gets in the system and then remove the fill plug again and top it off with fluid.
  3. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Also, take care not to overtighten the drain plug...
    don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:
  4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

5. fazang

fazang Junior Member

OMG !! Thanx for the service manual 04sd
    Everything i ever wanted to know about my pump/motor is in that thing !!!! Damn good resource.

Thanx everyone else for the tips too.....
    -ALF out...
  6. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Hadn't noticed before you're plowing with a Bronco II. I've had various trucks and plows over the years but just added a plow on my Bronco II for this year. No pictures of the plow setup yet but some of the Bronco here....

Not your average Bronco II.
  7. fazang

fazang Junior Member

i checked out the pix
    you did what Ford should of done at the factory.........
    that rig came out sweet. i have 2 an 87 and 88 88 has plow and 87 is in the sig
    tryin to sell the 87 for a while now but i may just try what you did and junk it if it
    don;t work out...... as i can't weld but my uncle that lives next door to me can, so who
    knows.....anyway keep truckin'

-ALF out....:bluebounc
  8. fazang

fazang Junior Member

Hi again
    finally trying to get this done...... on page 3 of manual it says

On Power Angling
    models, disconnect the fittings at the Angling cylinders,
    completely retract the cylinder rods and purge
    cylinders and hoses of all hydraulic fluid. Flush the
    complete system including unit, hoses and Power
    Angling rams with a non wax (Napthenic) cleaner

how the hec to i empty the angle cylinders.....?
    Do i use a floor jack and prop the plow in the air and then by hand push the plow
    left and right to force the fluid out of the cylinder......?

manual says what to do but not how to do it..... my common sense ain't always workin'
    thanx guys.

9. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  10. fazang

fazang Junior Member

thanx for the offer

I PM'd ya

well i tried to do it myself
    1st time i forgot to check the filters so i drained it again(basically flushing it)
    then took out the 2 filters and cleaned them th ebest i could. to me they looked in darn
    good shape to begin with.....
    then i put the 2 filters back in.
    then disconected the couplings (2) and jacked the plow up in air 2" with floor jack
    and manually pushed it to angle left and angle right..... not sure what the hec
    i was supposed to notice as NO fluid came out of anywhere...SO still not sure
    how you make sure system is EMPTY of fluid.
    then i reconnected everything and capped drain plug and refilled to 1.5 " below top of resivoir.

i have a tiny drip in the drivers side angle cylinder but it has SLOWed since the fluid change.
    and plow function is a lot better now.
    WISH i new how to tell if there is AIR in the lines as the plow seems very responsive...

anyway guess i wait for some SNOW.....purplebou

-ALF out.....wesport
  11. fernalddude

12. fernalddude

vent on pump this is a 57 but the 47 has the same vent

100_1799 (Medium).JPG
  13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just for future reference, you don't need to drain the reservoir to remove the 2 filters..
    Did you remove the couplers from the end of the hoses? Or unscrew the hose's from the angle cylinders? If not, that's why you didn't get any fluid out of the angle cylinders. Although I don't see how you could have angled the blade by hand if you didn't.
    If it respond's good and doesn't feel "sloppy" then it doesn't have much, if any air in it and it's good to go.

After you use it for a bit I would check the fluid one more time and top it off if necessary..