1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have never seen this before

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JPMAKO, Jan 19, 2005.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Look at the very bottom of this special weather statement.

AN ALBERTA CLIPPER WILL CONTINUE TO PROGRESS ACROSS THE REGION THIS EVENING. MOST SECTIONS OF THE REGION WILL HAVE RECEIVED A LIGHT SNOWFALL... AROUND AN INCH... BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS OFF LATE THIS EVENING. THERE WILL BE A FEW EXCEPTIONS WHERE A BIT MORE SNOW IS MEASURED. THE MOST SNOW WILL LIKELY BE OBSERVED ACROSS SUFFOLK COUNTY LONG ISLAND WHERE INSTABILITY ENHANCED BY THE WARMER OCEAN CAUSED PERIODS OF MODERATE SNOW.

THE ALBERTA CLIPPER WILL MOVE OFF THE NEW ENGLAND COAST OVERNIGHT AND EXPLOSIVELY DEEPEN. A TIGHTENING PRESSURE GRADIENT WILL BE THE RESULT AND ANOTHER FRIGID AIRMASS WILL RUSH INTO THE REGION FROM THE NORTH THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. ALTHOUGH THURSDAY WILL BE QUITE COLD WITH A STIFF NORTH TO NORTHWEST WIND... THE REALLY COLD AIR WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL FRIDAY. THEN... A RE-ENFORCING SHOT OF BITING COLD WILL SWEEP SOUTHBOUND FROM EASTERN CANADA.

WIND CHILL READINGS ARE LIKELY TO DROP TO DANGEROUS LEVELS THURSDAY NIGHT AND THROUGH THE DAY FRIDAY. THESE WIND CHILLS MAY GET AS LOW AS 15 DEGREES BELOW ZERO FOR LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE NEW YORK METRO AREA. THE CITY WILL NOT BE SPARED THOUGH WITH WIND CHILLS AS LOW AS 5 BELOW POSSIBLE FROM THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH THE DAY FRIDAY.

JUST AS THE FRIGID COLD STARTS TO LOOSEN ITS GRIP ON THE LOCAL AREA... ANOTHER WINTRY WEATHER EVENT WILL BE UNFOLDING TO OUR WEST. A VERY POTENT UPPER LEVEL STORM IS EXPECTED TO TEAM UP WITH A MOIST DISTURBANCE MOVING OUT OF THE BAJA CALIFORNIA AREA. THE RESULT IS EXPECTED TO BE A STRENGTHENING STORM ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY SATURDAY. THE STORM IS EXPECTED TO MOVE EAST AND SPREAD SNOW ACROSS THE AREA LATE IN THE DAY OR BY EVENING SATURDAY. A SWATH OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TRANSLATE ACROSS THE ENTIRE REGION SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. AT THIS TIME... IT IS TOO EARLY TO PINPOINT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS. HOWEVER... AT LEAST A PLOWABLE SNOWFALL IS BECOMING MORE AND MORE LIKELY....

That is crazy are they trying to target us?

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Where did ya get that from?? That is interesting to see on a weather report

3. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

I saw that too and couldn't believe my eyes. I guess they are feeling bad for us or something,

Larry

4. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

i have seen that before, they usually put that when they dont have an idea of how much snow will fall, but they know it will be enough to be a storm persay.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, you guys have never heard that before :confused:
    They say it almost everystorm around here, esepcially on NECN. I do see it in weather statements every so often.

6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I noticed that for the first time today too.

7. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

It came directly from the weather channel website.
    I could'nt believe my eyes :eek:
    Very exciting stuff