1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have found my DREAM truck

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by the_lawn_wizard, Dec 12, 2008.

1. the_lawn_wizard

the_lawn_wizard Member

2. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

what number truck is this?

i really try to just ignore your post but they're EVERYWHERE on this site

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Did I miss somthing or is this one two wheel drive as well, and dualys. Real pretty though.

4. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

haha figures.... i didnt even check out the specs just shook my head when i saw the post

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It doesn't say 4x4 anywhere that I could tell. At least this one has good potential to be able to push fairly well even being only 2wd. He could add enough ballast to this one to be productive unlike a 2wd 1/2ton.

6. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Anybody who would buy a truck this size, no 4x4, with a dump bed on it, and with a gas motor in it should have their head checked out. This is a worthless truck! And I love Fords! Looks like the "Lawn Wizard" needs to think about it some more. Same goes for the dealer or company who thought this truck was a good idea.

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I have been ignoring yours but I just cant do it any more:rolleyes:

8. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

with the front fender flares that means its a 450 on the new trucks

9. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Just a FYI that truck is a F550 and yes it is only 2wd. That bed full of salt will push a 10' blade no problem with only 2wd.

10. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

???:confused:

11. Mid-Ohio Scaper

F450 or F550, that means it should come standard with a 6.4 Powerstroke under the hood. Also, FYI I used to plow with a F550 2wd and it sucked in any kind of deep snow, sure if all you're going to plow is 2"-4" all of the time it might work out but anymore than that and you just waste your time.
    How does the dealer expect to sell this truck? They can't even list any of the correct info on it, hell it might be a 4x4 for all we know! (It's not 4x4, if ti was there would be a switch just to the left of the climate controls.)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  12. tuna

tuna Senior Member

As for no 4x4 the truck is in texas not exactly the snow capital of the country.

13. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

pretty sure they're still selling these trucks with the manual t-case bud.

14. Mid-Ohio Scaper

thanks for clearing that up, bud.

15. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i am pretty sure they won't have a hard time selling this truck....i bet there are tons of work trucks just liek this one on the roads...

4x4 is just an option for a particular kind of work you're using the truck for....there are lots of jobs that truck can do that don;t ever need 4x4

16. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

no no, look at the tail pipe only one, 6.4 have 2 put together, you can get a V-10 for a 4 or 550

17. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

actually no they dont come standard with a stroker, V-10 is also available and this truck has the V10. another difference that rules out the 350 as the option are the gvwr and the wheel size if you look at the door jamb tag. and its not a 4x4, there no manual hubs on the front and there is no electric shifter on the dash or lever on the floor. i think that rig will plow snow just fine in 2wd as long as the lot was somewhat flat, bnc has a video that proves it. i know you know it all though, just trying to add to your knowledge.