1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have firm salt prices for the GTA

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JD Dave, Aug 19, 2008.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I got a fax from one of my suppliers 5 min ago and my delivered price is $66.19 + tax/metric tonne and for you US guys it's $60.06+tax/ton. I'm very happy with these prices and thought others would like to know. These are wholesale prices and they are delivered in 34-40 tonne loads.
  2. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Wow awesome prices. That's almost $10.00 per ton cheaper than I got it for last year. Who is your supplier? I assume that they would deliver to Grimsby?
    I called the guy I dealt with last year a few weeks ago and he had no firm prices as of yet. But said he would get back to me. I dealt with Draglam, but if your guy is cheaper I will buy from him.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I actually buy from one of Draglams suppliers and they aren't accepting any new accounts this year. Actually none of the wholesale supliers are accepting new accounts., sorry.
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

you cant trust JD as far as you can throw him
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There's a sucker born everyday. LOL
  6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

nice ... good price...

Do you have any of those numbers of suppliers??, I need a couple thousand tons in Michigan. Any suggestions who to call?? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

prob quicker just to look online for your suppliers in your area...imo
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I've been asked by so many people for numbers and I would give them out but, they are not accepting any new clients, period. If I by chance get a lead on some extra salt, I will post the sale.