1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have finally joined the crowd!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Dec 27, 2006.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

The snowplow crowd that is. I wish i can be pushing something with it but hey, its early still, plenty of time for some snow yet. I have grown up to my Dad plowing and I can finally join him! Im really excited which is odd considering the lack of snow lately. Im hoping for the best just like you all!!

Here are the pics, I know they are pretty large, I already adjusted them once but didnt realized they are still so big. Oh well, just gives you more detail, haha

I also want to say that i am crazy and drove this thing home last night in the early AM. Why you ask? well I live in the NW burbs of Chicago and drove 250 miles to center point Iowa to get this plow. I drove it the whole way home mounted to the front of the truck. I figured heat would be an issue but to my surprise the truck didnt get any warmer than it did without it. I was driving 72mph the whole way, i am very impressed. the shop that I bought it new from is absolutely great to deal with and even though it was a trip for me, they made it worth it. They met me at thier shop at 10pm to sell it to me and help get it mounted up to the truck ( I already had the truckside mount installed as well as all the electronics). PM me for thier name as I dont think we are supposed to put this info out publicly.

Sorry to all who read my ramblings, im just :redbounce and waiting for snow!!!!
  2. stroker79

and a few more pics

3. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

awesome truck!!!!!
  4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Sweet setup man ! welcome to the crowd of impatient waiters LMAO. thats far cry from my first setup;)
  5. stroker79

haha, no kidding. I think most of it is my fault because I have been hoping that we do not get snow until I get this plow ( I have setup contracts even though I didnt have a plow. I really didnt want to be shoveling parking lots haha). But now im nearly Im looking for things to sacrifice! lol

I have been very lucky with the setup I have now. Just cant wait to use it! i cant even find some old snow to play with, lol
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don't see anything!:confused: :mad:
  7. stroker79

now it will work again. my web hosting company sux.
  8. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Really Sharp Truck dude. What Year is that?
  9. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

the pictures took a long time to load for me to. Be patient they are there :) Stroker you may want to check out some more toys for youre ride . I put one of these in my 2002 f250 powerstroke and it works great. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=41334
  10. stroker79

Its an '03 with the 7.3. Its a fairly rare truck since it doesnt have the 6.0

Yeah its being really screwy.

I like that AIC and cannot find it anywhere. I do want that though. Does your truck have 2 alts? I was kind surprised to find the one on the bottom ish area of the engine. I maintain a pretty good battery level but repeated plow use will surely affect that.
  11. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

watch ebay there on there all the time for a couple hundred bucks.
  12. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Vinny, did you say that there are some '03 F-250s 7.3 on Ebay for only a couple hundred bucks????????? SHOW MEEEE
  13. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

If you find and 03 f250 for a couple hundred I,ll take 10 :D I was talking about a Auxillary Powertrain Idle Controller . lmfao
  14. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

sweet rig stroker.. did you have to make a late night pit stop for gas and coffee on the way home?.. thats a really nice truck:bluebounc o and plow too
  15. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

SWWWEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!! Hope you make some cash with it!!payup
  16. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

you were going 72mph with the plow mounted??? It says in the manual I think, 40mph MAX with the plow mounted.
    I can also tell you that nothing happens when you go 80mph with it either. lol
    Sweet setup man.
  17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Sweet truck. I like the Boss V it looks great on the front of that truck.
  18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Wow is that nice.
  19. stroker79

Thanks, I had alot of pit stops on the way back actually, haha. I made it out there without stopping but the way back was tough since i was so tired and i had to really be cautious with the plow on and watch my temps. Glad its over with thats for sure!

ME TOOO!! If it doesnt snow soon im going to start plowing dirt around or something, haha

lol, yeah well i wanted to keep my RPMs at 2K so i can get the best fuel mileage as possible. I was actually intending to only go 65 but the truck met some nasty harmonic frequencies and started bouncing REAL bad so i had to step it up a lil bit. I was a little worried about bosses recomended speed but screw it, lol

thanks, i agree. I am very happy with the outcome

Thanks, sorry it didnt work last night. web hosting can be a pain at times!
  20. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Stroker did you win that controller? I see it went for $16?.00