1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have been having a TERRIBLE last 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stroker79, Dec 22, 2008.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Sunday morning, major cold snap, -2 and 30 below with WC.

Truck fired right up but after about 1.5 hours, it dies on me. Also during that first 1.5 hours, my trans temp was getting really hot, i mean 230!!!!

Turns out, b11 SUCKS and I had to have the truck towed to the shop to thaw. Got it running and things are peachy..............

However now im onto this trans temp issue. :gunsfiring:

I made a post on another forum i frequent, its a ford truck forum, and I was told 2 different parts that could be wrong. I was only able to track down one of the parts but i bought and replaced it. It was the stock trans cooler, I also added an aux cooler. Well after thinking that was it, NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gunsfiring:

back to 210 and fighting it to go lower by driving like a .......ill be nice, grandma.

APPARANTLY its the OTHER part that I need to fix my issue. Only thing is, the dealer that has it is 40 miles away. Whatever, Ill go there, I HAVE to have it put in by 2pm tomorrow, because of course we have 6-12" of damn snow on the way :realmad:

I am so mad if you cant tell!!!!

More than anything I am panicing..........:yow!:

My big question is, for anyone familiar with the 4R100, its the bypass cool line that is malfunction (prays) and is bypassing fluid to skip the coolers. Makes sense since the coolers are ice cold. Does anyone one know if I can pull out the bypass tube and plug it so it stays shut versus open like it is now bypassing the coolers? If I can bypass it then ill be real happy since I mess with it all night to make it work. Im so anxious right now, ill never get any sleep anyway. Otherwise im just going to have to try and grab that part in the AM and PRAY PRAY PRAY that it passes fluid through the coolers!!!!!!!!!!!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Thanks

2. danocheese

danocheese Junior Member
    from midwest

head over to www.thedieselstop.com DO a search for this. Actually there is a FAQ about changing the tranny fluid that requires you to warm up the truck to get the valve to open. Don't remmeebr one that was stuck closed. Post your problem there and you will get a response.

3. danocheese

danocheese Junior Member
    from midwest

Here is a bit of info.

Thanks for all of the usefull tips!! First I am going to try the transmission cooler bypass valve. it is relatively inexpensive. i belive i paid 60-70 dollars from dieselsite.com.(it was a factory part!!) if that does not solve it I will try using a larger cooler from a v-10 that dieselsite.com reccomended. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks!!!!!

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Thanks Dan, I am over on ford-trucks.com and they have been very helpful too. I am picking up that same cooler bypass valve in the morning. Im hoping that it is the issue!!

I will go browse around on the dieselstop though, Thanks!!

5. danocheese

danocheese Junior Member
    from midwest

Let us know how it turns out. I jsut fixed a plow truck over the phone a couple of days ago for a friend in Genena. Maybe I have a new calling in life.