1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i have been doing snow for 6 years and now i want to upgrade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PreZiCion, Feb 15, 2011.

1. PreZiCion

PreZiCion Junior Member

i have been doing snow removal for 6 years now and i want to buy a new truck and plow but im not sure what to get.

right now i got :

gmc sierra 2500hd 6.0 with a 8' fisher plow
    ford 1989 7.3 diesel regular cab with 63 000mile on it 7.5 western plow
    chevy fleet 454 with 8' fisher plow
    bob cat 2008 with 8' snow box
    and a 1955 loader terex with a 12' snow box that everything is new on it.

i only do big commercial lots

im thinking of buying ........

a 06 07 silverado 2500 regular cab 6' box with the duramax//allisson setup

brand new fisher Vss plow 9.6 with wings and sno control 16' backplow

what do you guys think ?
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I think you are not going to be able to find a 3/4 ton regular cab truck with a short bed. What do you salt with? I would want a dually running those size plows. You are going to need some mass to move that snow. I'd want at least 1000 lbs in the truck bed.
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Agree with above, that you will NOT find a regular cab short box in a 3/4 ton. Also that is a big blade. A 3/4 ton will handle it, just make sure you get a set Timbrens or crank your T-Bars. Can't go wrong with the Duramax / Allission combo!
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

If your going to buy a pickup why not just buy a 1 ton at the minimum.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

thats a big plow for a 3/4 ton. id suggest firestone airbag system in the back and the air shocks up front to support the weight
  6. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

1955 loader or 1995?
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If your buy a GM, whether you get a 2500 or 3500 they will both have the same front end.
  8. PreZiCion

PreZiCion Junior Member

i dont salt we do have to salt .... its a 1955 im gonna post picture soon well tomorrow.
    and yeah i just noticed they dont make 6 feet box lol. well i dont want to go dually so im gonna try to find a 3500 ... or im just gonna buy a brand new 2011 3500 crew cab chevy

and i got a 2008 410c john deere backhoe ;).... but i dont like to plow with that i like pick up better.