1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i have an other idea!

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by bow2no1, Jan 18, 2009.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i wounder if some one could make a plow "side shift" like a fork lift.
    seems like you could trim edges better with out going in to the ditch.

just think a 8' plow could shift left or right an other foot away from the truck.

what do you guys think?

2. CreativeEarth

CreativeEarth Junior Member

I had the same idea the other day as I was widening a driveway. That would be awesome.

3. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i think it would save alot of people from going in the ditch from trying to widen out.
    i do a couple real long roads with significant drop offs on each side of the road.
    one is down hill all the way. one trip i have to widen the road with my passengers side. i don't like the idea of it cuz i can't see.

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Just put a wing on one side ...Or add to the wing...

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i can't justify the purchase for a wing. it's not versatile enough.

6. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

Hey dude, go to the blizzard website they have been makeing a extendable plow for a while now.

7. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i see fisher was making them. then your plow just becomes a big scoop. if you have alot of snow to move or heavy snow. thats not much good for trimming out the sides of roads or long drive ways

if it was a side shift where the whole plow shifts over 1"- 1,1/2