1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Have a question...

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

The right wing on my v blade seems to be drifting back slowly. does any one know why or what causes it? I can figure it out, but it would just be faster if one of the great guys on here could just tell me. That way i could just fix it and be done with it....Thanks guys...

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like some stuff causing the valve to stick slightly open. you might need to run your plow alot to try and loosen it up, then drain and fill with new fluid. or you could take the valve apart.

3. TimberCreek

TimberCreek Junior Member

Make Sure All Fittings Are Good And Check Your Lines For A Pin Hole.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

open

sounds like one of the check valves is stuck open slightly ,might have to take them out ,clean and re seat them .

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

There is no fluid leaking anywhere, and the plow really doesn't have any connections. I know its in one of the valves. I just dont want to spend an hour trying to figure out which one if some one here has already had this problem.....

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

not holding

sorry not the check valve ,the relief valve's there are two 1 for right cyl 1 for left cyl take the check calve out put in a vise use a allen socket remove the plug make shure to count the amount of turn's to screw in the same amount ! take the ball out clean the valve component's inspect the seat the ball seals on ,put the ball back ,lightly tap a brass punch against the ball to reseat it ,reassemble the same amount of turns on the allen plug and reinstall .without looking at a hyd scematic in cant say witch of the to relief valve's it is .this should do it . page 19 in the boss instalation manualfor rt111 vee plow smt hitch ii item 31d

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The easiest way to diagnosis trouble like this is to simply swap the wing relief valves side to side and see if the drifting wing also switches sides.If it does, then you've found the problem.

If after swapping the relief's, the same wing still drift back, next swap the wing retract valve's side to side, if the drifting wing then swaps sides, then you know exactly what component is causing it.

If you do need to swap the wing retract valves after swapping the relief valves, they are the one's at the far end's on the front of the manifold.

Right wing will have a green wire.
    Left wing will have a red and black wire.

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Now thats what i needed to know, THANKS GUYS.....