1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have a problem and need advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by packey, Dec 11, 2007.

1. packey

packey Member

I have a condo unit I am plowing and I have a problem with ice build up on the drive lanes. I have been plowing this lot when we get an inch of snow or more. So far things have gone well that is untill yesterday. I was out checking the walks for ice and they looked beautiful however the parking area with less that 1/2 and inch of snow has turned into a skating rink. Should I call the HOA up and get the approval to dump salt or ice melt on the lot or just keep pushing it.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It should be salted. call them and tell them and give them your expert advice on the situation. Hopefully the are not cheap and want you to salt.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definately call and "put the ball" in their hands. If they choose not to salt it hopefully will keep you from being sued in case of a fall or accident.
  4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

make sure to get the name of the person you talked to and the approx time that you talked to them
  5. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

I would nuke it...=Þ
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes:I'm not familiar with that term?
    Is it a technical term?
  7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

Snofarmer are you "yanking chains" again? you know we just never can tell with you;)

but back to the Q' yea i would "nuke" it too:rolleyes: or just use salt that seems to work for me, salt and come back in a couple of hours depending on temp.

we have had several inches of ice in the last few days and i have been out pre-ice'ing and it plowed up fine but then we got some more ice and i just had to "burn" it off, but now i am low on salt

they say NO MORE SALT FOR THE MIDWEST (excluding muni. and D.O.T.)'cause one of the bigger salt mines got shut down
  8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:confused:I thought I asked my question very politely:angel:

I was just wondering???:nod:
  9. packey

packey Member

I got the approval yesterday evening to put something down. So I put down a load of mag chloride heavy I will go back today about 1:00 and tart to plow I will let you know how it goes