1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have a new respect for Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by icudoucme, Dec 15, 2010.

1. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

You will love the boss, My old 7.6 V rt1 plow out did my meyers 8ft lot pro hands down
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Boss is a great product, not only because it's red, but because they keep coming out with better technology that's raising the industry standard. I'm not sayig that the other companies such as Western, Meyer, Fischer make bad plows, they're just not the plows for me. I've had 2 boss plows, an 8'6" STB and a 8'2" V. Both great plows!
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

30 plus hours of plowing with my new Boss and I couldnt be happier
  5. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Only way to go, mine has been great!!
  6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Holy crap!
  7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

No, they beat on their truck plows worse.
  8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Wow.......imagine those orders to the driver......."Hey, try to break this".

I liked Boss before.........now I am just a customer for life.
  9. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i seen that and it was jaw dropping
  10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

What technology is raising the standard?

They are awesome, sturdy plows for sure but I've always thought of them as the simplest of the industry- which is by no means a bad thing.
  11. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Standardized wiring and mounting for all plow sizes and type, dual burn HIR headlights, SmartTouch controls, standard curb guards molded into 1/2" cutting edges, greaseable center hinge pin, V-XT design, SmartHitch2, etc, etc.
  12. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Rumor has it the "hey,try to break this" is not far off, several of our areas loggers who need to plow miles and miles of logging roads and trails are part of the test drivers. They have an testing ground that has quite a few obstacles(same ones shown in YouTube videos) reliability testing is hour upon hour upon hour of hydraulic testing of each system.
  13. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Lets see those videos!

We have all hit things that made us wonder how the blade was still attached with all colors, videos make it much better!
  14. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Check YouTube for Boss' channel they have videos of their utv and pusher on their test grounds truck plows are tested the same way. Hydraulic testing i don't believe is YouTube bit let's just say it's hour upon hour of hydraulic activation.
  15. schockservices

schockservices Junior Member
    from ND

The truck plow tests will have your jaw dropping. Just the look on the guys face after he hits curbs and debris is comical. The love of abusing stuff that would be a dream job HEY LETS TRY TO BREAK THIS. LOL