1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have a "is it possible.." question...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nogoodram, Oct 7, 2012.

1. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

hey guys, i'm just thinking outside the box here and i'm curious if anyone thinks this scenario will work...

i am always moving plows around - some 2 plug, some 3 plug. currently i have 3 plug wiring on my truck. so when i hook a 2 plug plow up i have to manually jack it up and then hang it on the safety chain. my question is this..

would it be possible to install 2 plug wiring on my truck IN ADDITION to the 3 plug wiring that is already there...

is it possible to double up and plug the 2 plug and the 3 plug harnesses into the factory headlights at the same time? if that became too much of a hastle, could i just not hook up the truckside headlight wiring for one of the systems? do the angle/lift controls ground out at any point through the truckside headlght wiring?

i know i could convert the 2 plug plows to 3 plug, but then i would have to change the wiring on the trucks that they usually hook to.

kinda a random question, but i'm interested in hearing the theorys on this one - or better yet, if anyone has ever tried it themselves!

thanks!

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

If you are talking about 3 plug and the new 2 plug set up (same as extreme v and xls), then yes you can easily do it. As for the older mm1 2 plug relay system i am not sure.

3. nogoodram

nogoodram Member
    from RI

sorry i should have clarified. yes i am talking about the old 2 plug system from the 90's with all the relays

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it is possible. Guy locally has all 3 Fisher setups - 2 plug MM1, 3 plug MM2, & 2 plug "Fleet Flex" plus Boss Wiring in his Chevy.

Even welded up a Boss Truck side mount that connects onto the Fisher Push plates.

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

wow. I'd like to see that wiring diagram.