1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have a bump stop removal question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DJMAUCTION, Jan 16, 2008.

1. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

OK, this could be a dumb question ,but ill take the "duh's" over the oops it broke..

what is the correct way to remove the front bump stops (to install timbrens) on a 07 f250.

there is a mount plate that kinda turns, but stops, and do you just pull the rubber stop out and then theres a nut there, the bolt appears to go right through the frame, which im assuming in threaded.

thanks all

mike

2. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

To remove the bumpstops you pull the yellow rubber piece out and there is a bolt head to turn, I cant remember if it is threaded or if there is a nut on the otherside.its been a year since ive lifted my truck.

3. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

I checked and there is a nut on innerside of the frame that you got to put a wrench on.

4. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

sweet i will play with that tommorow, the rears were nice and easy, and now when I load the dogg with salt, it dosnt squat and shoot salt into the ground, those timbrens really do make a difference.

thanks again.

5. DJMAUCTION

DJMAUCTION Member

hmmm, i poked back there and it felt like just a bolt with a pointed tip coming into the frame.

when you mention pull the yellow stop, just yanked it out by hand, and the plate should have the bolt head on it ?

mike

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

can you post a pic of the rear.... i have been loading 2500 in salt regularly...i also have a 3" block under my factory block so it has to hit rear OE location...my oem block is still there..