1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I have a 1999 f350 2wd 7.3 dually dump. What type of plow would work on this

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by RIDERITE, Nov 5, 2011.

1. RIDERITE

RIDERITE Junior Member
    from CHICAGO

I have a 1999 f350 2wd 7.3 dually dump. What type of plow would work on this ? Also is there any other method of increasing traction control besides adding weight?

Thanks

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

9' snow plow of your brand choice.

Chains, studded tires, locker or limited slip. More weight.

3. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Tire chains, just about any plow will work, super common truck should be very easy to find a plow.
    With chains and weight u will be fine.

4. Jgramlich

Jgramlich Senior Member

Chains and weight... and then add more weight.

5. RIDERITE

RIDERITE Junior Member
    from CHICAGO

The reason i asked about brand because i spoke with a boss and western and they said they dont make a plow for 1999 ford f350 2wd. So am i using the one for a 4wd or what?

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I've seen lots of Westerns on 2wd dump trucks. Just find the mount. Maybe Boss will require some fabbing....

7. RIDERITE

RIDERITE Junior Member
    from CHICAGO

So the mount is the key
    thanks

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yes, everything else is the same for a 4x4 truck.

9. Different application all together but last year I got a deal on a ex80 snow dogg plow and when I went to mount it to my 92 gmc3500 2wd dually with the mount that supposedly worked for that truck I had to take it and the other mount I got with the plow and cut and paste a new mount. Took about 10 hours of cutting and welding but it worked well. Went to the local landscape yard and paid $10 for a scoop of 3/4 stone in the dump bed (about 1/2 ton). As long as I wasn't plowing up a steep hill it motored through just about any amount of snow. And we had a 24" storm last year. Good luck

10. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

A 4x4 mount will not work as the frontends of fords are different when comparing 2x4 or 4x4. You would need a mount that specifies 2x4.Or as sstephhanuik said get a welder and have fun.

11. RIDERITE

RIDERITE Junior Member
    from CHICAGO

So i can get it done i just have some welding ahead of me at best thanks....

12. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Go 9 ft plus wings.

Good SNOW tires and weight.

I don't use chains, locker, studs etc.

13. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

The frame is the same for a 4x4 and 2x4 idk why the mounts would not work.

14. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I may be wrong but I was told that they won't bolt up the same because the front axle is different ans interfers with the mount. If 02 powerstroke knows first hand that it will work I would take his advice.