1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I hate Meyers !! i NEED help !

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dieselman19, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

i run mostly western plows but i bought a truck that has a meyers unit on it and i need to make it work for the time being, i have spent 2 days trying to figure out what the problem is. The unit is a E60, when i first start i got nothing out of the unit so i replaced the motor it was frozen, and i took the vaules out of it and cleaned them, i put it back together and the ram wont raise, so i figured i needed seals so i relaced all of the ram seals and it still wont raise but runs the motor and sound stressed, the problem is i dont know ANYTHING about these units and i dont have good dealer to pick their brains,i have no idea what valves do what or what any of the other "stuff" on the powerhead does? Does anyone have a good break down of this pump or a troubleshooting guide, or does anyone have a clue when i should look and how i should look?? i figured i would post a tread before i brought the unit to the dealer tomorrow and have them bend me over ! :cry:

585 303 4813
  2. danmc

danmc Member

3. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

4. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

meyers dosent answer there phone i think there going through some growing pains
  6. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Yeah, you will never make sense of the valves if you don't have some guide, it is a bit weird how they function.

ps, MEYER, not MEYERS

7. cc2004

cc2004 Member

We have snow coming tonight in to Thursday.
    Go to TW'S on Colvin St. off of Ames st.you can turn off Maple st.to and have them fix it for you.
    You probabaly don't want to spend the money(don't blame you but,your running out of time) snow coming.
    If you get there early you can wait for it.

8. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

Thank you to everyone who put input on my meyer set up, i ened up at TW and got new valves works great
    thanks alot

9. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

meyers Plows

We run Meyers Plows exclusively. When there is a problem the manual usually explains the problem and the fix. When there is a problem I cant find the fix in the manual, I call the tech line and the tech line is staffed by qualified people. I describe the problem he tells me the fix. We have used Meyers Plows for 33+ yrs. With Meyers 50 miles north of us parts are plentiful. With the change of any type system there is a learning curve. I just takes time to figure out how they designed it.