1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I hate bruce springsting

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trying to make, Jan 23, 2005.

1. trying to make

trying to make Member

T hats right I hate Bruce,but I love my Boss plow.My one gripe is the most idiotic hand controller I have ever used.Well the only other controler I used were for Western plows.What a great simple desighn,and easy to use even with gloves on.Now this piece of shi* control I paid extra for on my Boss.Well how do I tell you how bad it is especially for getting close to buildings or other obstacles.It has the left and right buttons that dominate the whole thing.and this silly button in the middel for up and down.The problem is as you go for this silly f-ing up and down button chances are your thumd (even bare handede) will most likely bump the left or right button.So if you are back dragging in front of a garage or what have you,you may hit the house with the plow. I dont get paid for plowing the house.All they had to do was make the left and right buttons not come down and under the silly up down button in the center.Am I the only person here who has used this thing.Because if anyone here has used it they would be b*tching too. :realmad: Any other thoughts on this. Bye the way my western controller will not fit the boss.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Just to be clear, do you like that hand controller or not.... :) haha

3. trying to make

trying to make Member

I love it as much as I love my wife.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I saw a photo of that controller but never used one. My laptop has a mouse control in the middle of the keyboard, so my idea comes from using it. If using your right hand, why not try using your pointer finger for the left, ring finger for the right, and bad finger for the up/down. It could work. You won't bump the middle one crossing from side to side.

5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Now I understand. Anyway I run Fisher and I hope you get something worked out with your controller and it doesn't end up in the snow bank. Take care and be safe. :salute:

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

eventually you will get use to the controller. it is very difficult to learn where the buttons are and how to use them. you just need to pratice and you will get use to it. if you really dont like it talk to your dealer and try to trade for the big bulky controller. it may be eaiser to understand.

7. trying to make

trying to make Member

thank you for the advice.But I will keep using the Old thumb.I may switch to a joystick next year if I don't get more proficient with this piece of sh*t.I found out as soon as I started plowing how much love i have for this thing.So at least I took extra care when going close to the 160 driveways with garages I had to back plow.Hit none.But I am so use to being Abel to use a controller with out even thinking about it conciencly even when backing up and body all twisted around looking for the nice people who love to pull up behind you and stop.Don't get me wrong I love the plow just not the controller.

8. trying to make

trying to make Member

I have no problem knowing where the buttons are.the problem is when I go to set the plow down my thumb is wider than the button in the center.so even though I hit the proper button my fat thumb hits the left side angel more often than the right.

9. j&j properties

j&j properties Junior Member

I haven't really had the problem of hitting anything with my plow using the hand controller but I agree that the button for up and down is too small. my biggest problem is that i seem to find up when i want down or down when I want up.

otherwise I love my boss setup!

10. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

That was the biggest reason i bought the boss power-v is because I did not want the hand control and at the time all the othe v's I looked at had the hand control.A friend of mine and I bought or boss's together he got the hand control and i got the joystick he was ready to get rid of it until he used the joystick i had!

11. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

By the way I hate that liberal piece of **** also!!!! :gunsfiring:

12. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

thats why i bought the western V .... I thought the controller looked like a piece of crap and i dislike the lights and the frame looks a little gay..... But alot of people say they like the boss so it must be a good plow

13. 04superduty

i have the hand controller for my v and it is easy to use, but i have not used any other plow, or controller. it did take time to learn how everything works tough. i find that if i use the controller in my right hand and steer with my left it works best. i shift with both my left and right depending on which is eaisest.

14. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Not sure about the frame thing but as far as the headlights go they are the most functional and best looking plow lights out there definetly out funtion the ones that were on my western by far!!

15. 04superduty

the only downside to the boss headlights is aiming them. once you get them aimed the seem to re aim them selves after you plow. luckily my plow is low enough that i can use my trucks lights if i need to.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't understand why people like any hand controller. I want to have the thing mounted. Why do you want to hold the damn thing all the time. What if you have something else you want to do. Write something down or grab your coffee or even scratch your head. I push the joystick for a second and then my hand is free again. I have the handheld for my Fisher V. I do not drive this truck but I mounted this thing the day I got it. You can remove it if need be but the driver always has it mounted.

17. 04superduty

the hand contoller can have a plastic mount, or magnet mount. i dont have either but have found my lap just as easy to set the controller down, as long as you dont bump any of the buttons. :)

18. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Um, let's see. You can easily set the controller down, right? :rolleyes: If you don't want it, I'll buy it. I have one but could use another for different reasons.

19. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I have never had any problem with my hand controler. I guess I just got accustomed to it right away. I guess I shouldn't say that I haven't ever had any problems. One day my wife was walking past the front of the blade, about the time that I tossed the controler over onto my usual pile of crap that I have on the seat. The controler landed buttons down. Apparently it hit one of the wing extend buttons and next I look up and the plow almost slaps my wife in the ars as she is walking by. She actually thought that I did it on purpose (imagine that?). Otherwise I have found it to be very user friendly. I bought a couple 9 pin connectors, some wire and loom and made the leash about 2 feet longer so that I could really get wrapped up in it between steering and shifting and turning around to look.

20. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:confused: What does Bruce Springsteen have to do with it? LOL!