1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I had to share

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by superc013, Oct 20, 2010.

1. superc013

superc013 Junior Member
    from Mass

I had to share this, today I was offered to do a major national retailers lot. Over an acre lot plus sidewalks, a loading dock, with salting $190 per push. gotta love these nationals trying to put us all out on the street. :dizzy:

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well, lets break it down,lol......an average truck could have that plowed in about 15-20 minutes, 400-600lbs of salt applied (average price) would be around 80 bucks, the sidewalks would be the only hitch here. But by my calculations WE would only have about 100 bucks tops wrapped up in it. Again not knowing the sidewalks makes it tough. But doesn't sound too awful bad.

3. dieseldog45

dieseldog45 Junior Member

id take that offer, sounds like a piece of cake to me

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

How can you guys judge this based on no info?

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Well you right, I "assuming" its a fairly wide open lot. If there were 10 islands in it that would change things a bit but still sounds decent to me.

How's your 6.0L in your 1 ton? I was looking at a nice 08 1 ton that had the 6.0L in it. It had 70K miles but very clean and they were asking mid teens for it.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I PMed you.

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Really you can plow a 1 acre lot in 15 to 20 minutes with a pick up truck? Open lot or not I find that hard to believe unless your going 90 both forward and reverse.

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

im not going to say it is a great deal, but without knowing particulars, i would say that if it is a acre lot, wide open, and easily accesible, $190 is not a rude figure, My figures would be something in the $200-250 range

9. superc013

superc013 Junior Member
    from Mass

The lot is well over an acre 60,000sqf plus. I guess we have it good here, I get more then that for salting lots less then half that size.