1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i had fun today

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowplower1, Feb 17, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I woke up early did cleanups and scraped everything down so i could salt hoping temps would be warm enough to melt. so i got a load and salted like 3 places until i decided to look at the spread just to make sure it was coming out good, turns out bearly any salt was coming out

the whole load was soaked, idk why they loaded me with wet salt but i ended up spending about an hour in the back of the salter when i got home breaking up the salt and loading it into buckets.

going there to have a nice talk with them because if the rest of the salt is all like this im not getting salt from them anymore this year.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

How big of a load?

3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

well lucky me the barn that i load up at is running out quick so theyre cutting back on how much they give everyone so i only had 1500 pounds opposed to my normal 3000. luckily i spread about 1000 of it before it bricked up. so it wasnt awful but who wants to do that anyway. i'm just glad it wasnt in the negatives again today