1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I Got the wings put on

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Harleychvy, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

Put them on my 7' 6" and it is now 9 foot, hopefully will work great.

HPIM0287.jpg

HPIM0286.jpg

HPIM0285.jpg

HPIM0284.jpg

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

You will love them they are great and cut your plowing time down quite a bit. And they will take a beating too.

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

looks good... you've grown up you've got your wings

4. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

I just finised putting a set of wings on a 7.5' Meyers. I can't wait to try them out.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

wings looks sweet

6. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

They look great, good job!

7. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

hope they work well for you

8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Your need to mount the rubber peices an inch over the cutting edge...

If you don't they will fold back really bad, you'll leave trails, and your rubber peices will crack..

I'm telling you this from experience with the wings.

9. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

im just wondering if i can install the wings on a 7.6ft LT blizzard plow.

I appreciate the advice on installing the rubber part atleast 1 inch lower than your cutting edge or else they'll fld back & crack or leave snow behind.

Does anyone have any advice or know if i can have them installed on the blizzard plow ?

10. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

take it easy at first with that extra width being as you dont have markers on the wings yet..... That is another bit of advice from someone elses small blunder. lol

11. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Maybe its me .. Maybe its because they are on a Fisher .. but i hate the wings biggest waste of money i spent this year .. 3 storms the rubber is destroyed.. the always flip behind the cuttin edge .. wings bend to easy when stacking ... and yes they are installed correctly

12. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe there just better suited on a full trip plow. I have a friend that had the same problem that your having, he used Diamond plows with trip edge.