1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I got one that will stump you!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ibelee, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

My wife is is 33 percent of the business.
    I have been teasing her about putting a plow on her Blazer(told her it would need7-1/2" Timbrens and a Southern Flag) or driving the older plow truck.
    It has backfired.
    She wants her own plow.
    2004 Blazer. All the fancy stuff.
    I just wanted her to do a driveway or two. Maybe some clean up.
    Now what do I do?
    Next she will want her own spreader!
    What will work on a Trailblazer w/o messing it up?
  2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

The church that I go to has it's own plow and salter. I still help out when I can. They also call me all the time to help out. They have even started to pay some other than gas and broken parts this year.
    Some people think that by getting their own stuff, they can save some money, maybe so maybe no. I say no.
  3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 680 /720 would work nice on that.
  4. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

97 Dodge 1500

97 Dodge w/a spreader. Would like a to see a plow on that so I could have seen how that worked out. Putting a Myer on a 2004 Dodge for my son. Lot of custom work on the plow. Hope it works.
  5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Guess I have some research to do.

Never expected her to take me up on it.
    Think she can smell the snow comming.

What about a V-plow for the Blazer? Is that possible? What about the 680/720 w/ the power scoop? I only need her for clean up and to write the checks.
  6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Put a little Sno-Way Lexan plow on it. Those are pretty light. Timbrens, too.
  7. Bolts Indus.

Nobody makes a v plow for that truck. The 680 and 720 are straight blades. The 810 is the one with the power scoop min. 3/4 ton truck.
  8. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I only need her for clean up and to write the checks.

~Don't let her catch you saying "only" !!

It'd be a nice plow ride, maybe not the most ecconomical, but if you can afford it, it might be nice to have. We're thinking of adding my wife's Jeep next season for plowing tight spots....

9. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Thanks for the "only" tip!
    Can we delete or modify replies?
  10. Bolts Indus.

Never say ONLY to someone that WRITES the cheques. :nono: :nono:
  11. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

I think I scared her with the 7-1/2" timbren joke. Told her it would allow me to put 36" Mudders on the truck. She wasn't real fond of the idea. :confused:

I am looking into the snow-way though.
  12. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

That 04 1500 would be an easy truck for her to drive & get used to it all, if she's a newbe.

Oh, posts can be modified, but I don't know how...

Would love to hear how this works out.

...praying for snow... My wife's visiting friends in Fla this week. It's the perfect time for a Blizzard! LOL
  13. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

If it were me I would go with the sno-way. A lot of people around here have the fisher homesteader on their blazers/jimmys
  14. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I'd be leaning towards the 680 or 720 Blizzard. But whatever you put on it, Blizzard, Sno-Way, Homesteader, whatever, IMO she'd have a great rig for plowing residentials.

15. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I hope the Trailblazer holds up better than the smaller Blazers.

My brother-in-law had a 94 he got new and it was junk in barely 5 years, and he never plowed or towed with it. Another buddy of mine had a 99, and he described it as a 'piece of cr@p". In fact, I haven't heard anything positive from anybody about them except for one guy who's wife has an 04 Trailblazer and loves it, but they aren't plowing with it either.

Having not owned one myself, I'm not going to make a judgement. I'm just saying the word around the campfire is GM's little SUV's aren't as good as Ford's or Jeep's. Knowing the stress plowing puts on a vehicle, I'd be reluctant to equip a Blazer with one if they don't seem to hold up under normal use. Of course, like I said, the new Trailblazer may be much improved. If you put a plow on it, I'd be interested in hearing how you make out with it.
  16. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

i would go with a blizzard LT... you mentioned a power scoop you must mean the 810 that thing would kill the truck
    they dont even make a mount for it... it weights like 980lbs.... or you could go with aSno-Way.. we have one they are nice.. with down pressure
  17. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i have an 88 s-10 blazer with a fisher and wouldnt hesitate to plow
    with it. it moves snow just as good as anything in relation to its size.
    its great for driveways and i can stack it pretty goog too..... :waving:
  18. drplow

drplow Senior Member

go with something light and easy to hookup. any bigger or heavier plow will beat that blazer up. don't worry, next year she will want to have your truck and you will be driving that beat up blazer :drinkup:
  19. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

I DONO? as its Not my Problem!--but--in working on the Small Blazers Chevy & GMC--I wouldn*t put a Plow on any of Them!--as their Trannies are NG! a Cost a Bundel to Replace--as any auto tranny Guy will Inform YOU their Called Throw Aways!--Example--a Full Size Blazer the Tranny can be Re-built & re-placed in ONE DAY--the Smaller Version Blazer--NOPE!--takes three Days!--ONE just to Remove IT!--as YOU have too Re-move dam near the entire Center section of the Frame!--& Then RE-move the Tranny!--& it Cost about Double of a full Size 350 Turbo the smaller version is a Cute RIG!--but--Big Bucks to Re-pair--I am Quoting a PRO Tranny GUY! that dose nothing but Trannies!--& Hes the BEST in this AREA!--& seeing that SHE the One that Signs all those CHECKS! I Hope? YOU enjoy that small Blazer? & Hope? Your Cell Phone is Working? HE HE!--just Kidding!--as We all have Enough Problems? Right!--Good LUCK!--Ole JIM--
  20. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

your putting a 7.5 on blazer ?