1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I got myself some FF.

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Newdude, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Well, I finally stopped down to my local Deere dealer and picked up 2 cans of this stuff. First time I used it was a trial can last fall and have been on a hunt for the full size for the longest of time. Of course, who would have thought that the nearest dealer was 10 min. away from me (thank you FF dealer search!!). So far I did my trailer hitch on my truck, and the underside of my mower deck (w/ pic). I must say, the best stuff EVER!!

[​IMG]

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Ok, so what exactly does Fluid Film do, and what can I use it on?

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

How can I put it:

"Fluid Film products offer powerful corrosion protection for all metals and superior lubrication for all moving parts. They are long lasting, thixotropic liquids and gels that have been used for over 55 years in the highly corrosive marine environment of ships and offshore drilling rigs. More recently they have been introduced and successfully utilized in the lawn & garden, aviation and automobile industries, as well as providing an eco friendly solution for home maintenance. Facilities where they are used include government, commercial fishing, gas companies, farming, salt, power, and industrial plants.

Fluid Film is formulated from specially processed wool-wax, highly refined petroleum oils and selected agents to provide corrosion control, penetration, metal wetting and water displacement. These long lasting products contain no solvents, will not dry out and will penetrate to the base of all metals, providing corrosion protection from both natural and industrial atmospheres. Heavily corroded and/or frozen parts such as nuts, bolts, shafts, etc. that would normally be damaged during maintenance, can be salvaged by applying Fluid Film."

from http://www.fluid-film.com/products/index.html

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Read through the Fluid Film forum for ideas. It's great stuff. I will never buy another can of WD40.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it is new and it moves and does not contain natural rubber Fluid Film will make it work better, longer and quieter.

We no longer stock chain lube, LPS3, WD40 or cutting oil, FF as replaced them all

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Can you spray it on plow moldboards? Wil it damage the paint?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It won't hurt the paint and stops the rust but the snow doesn't stick as well anymore:realmad::angry::rolleyes:

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I agree with what has been said. When I had my old car there was some very minor surface rust on the lower front edge of my driver door. I sprayed that spot and went through all of last winter without any more problems. I have to keep looking for the brush applicator can of it though. The JD dealer didn't have any :(

9. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

What an awesome thread! Thanks for the feedback!

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

what cant you use it on thats the question

fluid film kicks a**! i use it on just about everything i have!
    i had a riding lawn mower the battery wasnt getting a good connection sprayed a little FF and now it works great...

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

No problem Dano!! It truly is one heck of a product. I need to find some more stuff to spray haha.

12. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

I lubed the new weight distributing hitch bars for my camper this summer and it hasn't even worn the paint off yet where the spring bars slip into the hitch head. Unbelievable stuff!

13. Dano50

from CA

Gosh, I just love these type of threads. :D

14. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Cutting oil huh???

15. Dano50

from CA

Fluid Film is also an excellent vehicle undercoating that will protect from road salts and moisture.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is that one of your "Cut & Paste" responses?:laughing::laughing:

17. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

There isn't a dealer anywhere near me.. I'd like to try this stuff. Is shipping expensive?

18. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

show n go, you can go on our website at www.fluid-film.com, and find some dealers close to you. you can also purchase it online as well...

19. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Fluid Film

FLUID FILM-I PUT THAT **** ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!:yow!:

20. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

My friend and I just got 2 cases from McMaster[like a Graingers}--with shipping it came out to app. $5 per can.Our local Deere dealer gets $12 a can.