1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I got my truck back tonight.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

So pissed off. Don't even want to discuss it anymore.

The overall finish is ten times better than factory, but theres runs all over the place and they didn't take my bed cover and rail protectors off so you can tell there's different paint leading up to the edge.

God damn it. I'm beaten. I give up. :(
  2. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Oh man that sucks. I'm not sure what if any recourse you have but I feel for ya. Good luck.
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I guess your plow site name says it all.But why did you even take your truck from the shop that did the work ???????
  4. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

Bad Luck,

I can't even imagine how upset you must be after all this crap.

It's time for a talk with the owner of the dealership. No more dealing with the managers of so-and-so. If you get no satisfaction, get a lawyer involved. It would be a good idea to find out who people consider to be the best body shop around, and get an estimate to fix it properly. Have them add some extra cash for the lost time and aggravation, and let the other people fix it.

I truly hope you finally get it done correctly, and you can put this behind you.

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

If its not rite you dont accept it, its that simple....Rob
  6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Guys - In total I haven't had the truck in almost a month. I'm just frustrated. It really does shine like new but there are a number of problem areas. I just can't understand how they have so many drips. Around my taillights, on dorr edges, inbetween moldings.

I'll be calling GM Customer care tomorrow and I'll also be calling the body shop directly and talking to the owner. If I don't get any satisfaction, honestly at this point as long as everything is documented correctly I'm not even fighting. It's heading into snow season and I can't afford not to have the truck at first fall.

I did not pick it up at the body shop, I picked it up at the dealership.

I'm going to try and snap some pics to show you guys tomorow if this rain ever stops.
  7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

My mom was in an accident back in the spring time. She had been hit from behind and pushed into a car in from of her. My dad called me to look at the car when the body shop said they had finished with it. Now this is at a dealership where they bought the car, AND my dad (pt) and brother in law (ft) works at the same dealership.

Now I pull up and I can see the hood is crooked and just doesn't look rite. Well I crawl up under the car and I can see something wasn't put back together correctly.

And I go to the rear of the car and I can see one of the taillights was holding water, so I decide to look up under the car. Well I found the body shop had replaced the metal part of the trunk that the taillights bolt to. Well they didn't use any seem sealer on the freshly welded seams. So off i go to find the Mgr. I call him to come look at this car and I tell him theres no way in hell this car is leaving his lot and to call us when I needed to take another look at the car. It doesn't bother me one bit that this guy is upset its our car and its not rite and we just aren't going to accept it this way. Further more he explanes to us the taillight that was holding water was replaced with a junk yard part instead of a new one as requested. I asked him who gave him the ok to use a used part and his response was the insurance company wasn't going to pay for a new part. I said NO WAY your going to put a used part on this car. and if this is the game thats going to go on well then I guess my mom is going to get used to driving your rental around till this is rite.

The short end of the story the car stayed so asses was chewed out and the car was fixed rite. If it isn't rite take it back and tell them to call me when its done and if its not rite , DONT TAKE IT OFF OF THE LOT. Leave it there period. I know you want your truck back, but dont short change yourself....Rob
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds good to me...:rolleyes:
  9. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Any good shop will remove windows and all the trim and moldings, that is pathetic and I would find the best shop around show them whats wrong get a estimate and go back to the dealer for a check. If they don't agree see your lawyer. This is costing you way to much time and agrivation
  10. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Wow man I guess I should of checked in to this earlier. Absolutly, don't take it off the dealer lot untill you are satisfied.
    I am going through the samekinda thing with my insurance company over my truck that got totaled.