1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I got my plow working!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MosesR, Jan 3, 2011.

1. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Thanks for all the threads and posts on this site. I read many, many posts and was able to troubleshoot my Meyer E60 pump and get it working.

How do you know you are a Red Neck?

When you twist the nuts off the top of your A & B valves and instead of replacing them you drill a 1/8” hole down where the stud was and put a short self taping screw and washer in its place. I just bought this truck and the plow hasn’t been used for at least three years so I really did not want to pull the trigger on all new valves not knowing if the pump would work afterwards. After red-necking my valves, of course the pump still didn’t work but I did have magnetism at all of the valves. Back traced and cleaned all of the connections and hot dang, it worked like a charm. All I need now is to check fluid levels, put some grease here and there of course, some snow.

BTW, any advice on plowing gravel roads? I am thinking about setting the chain to where the plow hovers above the road about an inch at its lowest level to keep from cutting too much.

Sorry about the long post, it is just good for something to go right for a change.
  2. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Congrats, for gravel you will want a set of shoes if you dont already have them

Welcome to the site!
  3. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Thanks EvenCut.

I kind of figured that. I was hoping that someone had a trick up their sleeve. Sounds like Daddy is getting a new pair of shoes. YeeHaw.
  4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite Moses.
    Cleaning all connections and putting dialetic grease on them will cure a lot of problems.
    When guys say check your grounds and conections, they don't mean to look and see if they are tight.

Do a search on Plow Shoes and prepare to read for a while. :)
  5. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

I got 2 sets of shoes here. 1 for bigger plows and a pair for smaller TM plows. If interested let me know in a PM and I will shoot some pics and maybe work something out.
  6. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Thanks Northman.

I found a new pair locally for $60.