1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i got my new rebuilt e47 pump, cylinders and hose

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mpriester, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i got my new stuff put on and all works well so i figured i would take my old pump, drain and clean it up to keep for a back up since it works but leaks a lot and later this summer would rebuild it to use as a spare, while cleaning i found my leak, the previous owner must have let it freeze up as the strainer base has a split and several cracks in it. I know meyer may not have the best reputation for their pumps but this thing worked perfectly even with the split so i will be buying a new base and master seal kit, and motor brushes plus a cylinder hone and pressure gauge and rebuild it. i'll probably have around $300.00 tied up in it plus the knowledge of learning more about the workings of it. Just thought i'd share my thoughts as i'm a little bored waiting for it to snow this weekend. i'm in the learning stages and this is the best way i know to learn is by doing. If anyone has any advice please chime in and please don't tell me to buy another plow. Thank You

2. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

Post photos when you rebuild the pump, would be an interesting read.

I myself would love to get an old rebuildable E47 to rebuild and have as a backup, but can only find new or perfectly good ones for sale! Ha!

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i will do that. check craigslist and ebay you may find one on there thats fair priced and needs rebuilt.