1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I got my first commercial lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TonawandaNY, Nov 25, 2009.

1. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

2. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Congratulations!!!! I would have bid around $140 per time for plowing, if ur salting add another $40 or so.

3. Premier

Premier Senior Member

good luck this winter, congrats on the score.

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Congrats! Now head out there and get another one...

5. Tiflawn

Tiflawn Member

Good luck this winter!:salute:

6. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

UMMM when does salting only cost 40.00?

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I was wondering the same.

8. WNYSeasonalSvs.

WNYSeasonalSvs. Junior Member
    from WNY

Custom Carpets & Mattress Firm. Took care of a lot right by there a while back.
    The lot itself is going to be an easy push.
    Where are they allowing you to push the snow?
    The walks will be a PITA as 4 lanes of snow will be dumped on them by the DOT & the small median will fill up real quick.
    Watch out for cars cutting thru the plaza, especially 16yr old pizza delivery boys.:drinkup:

9. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

40 is low if your not buying salt in bulk its going to cost you $$$. Good luck its all part of the learning curve.

10. cretebaby

$40 is low if you are buying in bulk. :rolleyes:

11. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Its would take no longer than about10-15 seconds to drive thru there salting/sanding....how much would you charge?

12. cretebaby

How much salt do you think you would use in that 10-15 seconds?

13. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

The guy that owns the place is a friend of a friend. I can put it on the lawn on sheridan drive and I can put it on the West side of the store in the alley between the 2 plaza's

35 driveways and this place.

14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

To do the right salting job there I would say $100. And you are not making alot at that price. Dont forget on the just salting runs you still have to drive there and back.

15. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

16. WNYSeasonalSvs.

from WNY

Great! Your going to need that alley w/ the way the highway will toss it on the lawn in a good storm. Just keep up with the walks, as refrozen road slush is nearly impossible to blow/shovel after a while & you'll be fine. Good luck!

17. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i would hope that when you salt, it takes you a little longer than 10-15 seconds, for the sake of your customers and their safety lol :drinkup:...as far as pricing goes, eh, if that price works for you, then go for it, seems a little low but who knows, different states, different specs and different conditions

18. Deco

Deco Senior Member

go get em big guy ! you gotta start somewhere . absorb as much info and criticism as possible .most pros learned here .your not the first and wont be the last ! you will find an abundance of info here . stay tough and do a SEARCH before asking !!!;)

19. WNYSeasonalSvs.

from WNY

TonawandaNY. Don't give in & post your #'s.
    In all honesty, I'd be happy if no one posted their #'s here. Expenses as far as equipment / material / labor / maintenance costs, I'm all for. Above that keep to yourself.
    All that really matters is if everyone is in the black at the end of the season covering all their expenses and maintain (if not up) their standard of living costs w/o screwing anyone else over with intent.:drinkup:

20. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Congrats

Keep up the good work. One in the wagon, many ore draggin......

All need now is snow. A little rain snow mix here today so they say! But we all know we can not count of weather people.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.