1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i got me a new LED lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fisher guy, Jul 24, 2010.

1. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

well i bit the big one today and bought a new lightbar. and shes a beaut. its a brand new 47 inch 22 actual GEN 4 led modules. this thing is crazy bright we compared them to tier 3's and there was no comparison these had to be 10x brighter. the bar its self is a tomar engineered light bar with show-me leds in it. it hasnt even come out yet the only reason why i got it was my buddy is a distributor and he got the first ones. theyre listing for $2,499 but i can get them much cheaper it comes with the switch box, gutter mounting hardware take towns alleys in LED of course. if anyone is interested in getting one or even just the leds i can get them heres some before pics of the lightbar before i put it on the truck tommorow when she gets put on and ill grab some video of it in action

050.JPG

049.JPG

048.JPG

047.JPG

2. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice!! How much did you get it for?

3. fisher guy

i got it for $1750 out the door but its only because im a good friend normal price $1950 which is still a good deal since they list for $2500 and they out perform any LED lightbar around....ive done my research lol

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

video's please, when you get it mounted

5. fisher guy

its going on today if my mechanic dont flake on me.....i would mount it but i have no tools all it is black and red it couldent get any easier to wire

6. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Wow not bad but I am working on a 48.5 whelen liberty fully loaded for 1395.00

7. fisher guy

not bad we did the comparison to the liberty since thats the one i dreamed about getting and this is about 10x brighter. still hurts ur eyes at 200 feet away in the day time and a lot easier and cheaper to work on if anything was to go wrong...like if the controller in the liberty was to go out the bar would just about be toast completely cuz of the cost to fix it...my bar if the controller were to go out ur looking at 37.95 for a brand new one lol. my mechanic just put it on the truck and said it was the best bar hes ever seen. he was so impressed he called his buddy who is a whelen dealer to come down and look at it and now hes impressed he wants to buy a couple of bars to put on his shelf.

i just talked to my buddy who sold me the bar and hes willing to come down on price because so many people are interested. $1,549.99 fully loaded with switch box, hardware whole 9 yards. remember this bar is fully loaded with arrow stick over 15 flash paterns (probally way more havent tried it out yet) 22 of the brightest leds on the planet. there is nothing like this bar on the market i can guarantee.

he also has mini versions of this same bar, also strips or just single modules.

ok enough of my spiel im going out side to video this thing in action and ill let u guys be the judge

8. fisher guy

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  9. fisher guy

10. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Can't wait for a night clip!

11. fisher guy

its coming tonite still daylight lol

12. swtiih

looks very good in the day

13. swtiih

maybe I missed this in you original post but who makes these

14. fisher guy

15. fisher guy

i was told they are made by guy who is huge in the light industry that went out on his own the frames are aluminum from pittsburg steel the electronics are tomar engineered and the 4th generation LED's are made special from sho-me. this isnt a flimsy chinese knock-off this is the real deal. this thing brighter then any other bar out there and its beefy

16. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

That thing is bright man!

17. swtiih

looks very bright, its a keeper. Add that to your signature

18. fisher guy

good idea i needed to update anyway

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Almost looks like an Speedtech Lighting light bar, but that is super bright! Looks good on your truck!

20. fisher guy

thanx man the frames are pretty common its the bulbs that make the difference