1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I got a new one too!!! (new to me)

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RRSS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

I updated my truck as well. Went from a 05 to a 12. Like the new truck as far as the body and the interior but i don't think I will ever be sold on the 6.7. The old 5.9 was bullet proof but I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Havent pulled much with it yet but I know it sure doesn't get the mileage I got with the 5.9 but I guess i knew that when I bought it. She will be getting a 9'2 Boss VXT on it. Still need to get a mount if anyone has one laying around. Going to throw some timbrens in the front to help with the weight. Going to fab up some brackets for behind the wheel wells to hold tractor suitcase weights for ballest like I had done in my 05. Will also probably be getting a whelen mini bar and maybe some hideaways for it. Have a lot of work to do to it before winter but it should be a beast for plowing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Nice truck.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thumbs Up.........

4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.

5. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Great looking truck! Congrats!

6. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

RRSS, have you towed anything with your new truck yet? Just wondering how the new 6.7 CTD compares to the old 5.9 CTD. I know on paper the new 6.7 makes a lot more power then the old 5.9. How do they compare in the real world?

Thanks, NYH1.

7. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

I have only put on about 4000 miles since I bought the truck and have not done much pulling with it other then a single axle trailer with a mower so that dosent really count. I've pulled a few 35' macdon combine headers with it and it had plenty of power for that..about 10,000ibs I would say. I know the fuel milage sucks but I herd in 13 when they went to def it is way better. I guess overall I haven't noticed power difference much...but I haven't done much for pulling either. Other then the milage part I love the truck.

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Truck!!! Is that a stock or custom grill? I have not seen one like that.

9. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

They are just chrome bug inserts. Its just the normal grill behind them

10. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I just bought a 6.7l and it's a towing monster! My father in law has an 04' with the 5.9l which I towed with a few times. Originally being a Ford guy I was always impressed with its towing power compared to my 6.0 but the new Cummins is hands down the best I've towed or hauled with.