1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

i found some plows today are they a good deal

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by craigjschr, Sep 23, 2008.

1. craigjschr

craigjschr Junior Member

i found some nice plows today 2 westerns and 2 fishers the westerns where both 7,6 std ultra mounts one was a lil nicer then the other and one fisher was a 8ft hd and one was a 7,6 rd they where both mm2 the 7,6 looked a lil cleaner then the 8. they want 3 grand for them completely installed on my truck which one should i get and are they a good deal.

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

What are you installing it on and pics would be nice.
  3. craigjschr

craigjschr Junior Member

it for my 03 silverado 2500hd ext cab. i dont have any pics they don't have any ruts on the blades some spots where they have beed scraped but thats it the rams are not pitted ether.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What happend to the one you found for $2500?
  5. craigjschr

craigjschr Junior Member

they still have but i think theses ae better deals they are only 1 -2 years old and only 500$ more. is it worth it and they are mm2
  6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

go with an 8 footer on a 3/4 ton truck. A 7'-6" isnt enough, thats why im going from a 7'-6" to a 9' on my 1 ton
  7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 8ft on my truck and love it. but i always want more. so i found a 9ft blade that will fit my truck 100% and all i have to do is pick the one i am going to run that day.

so if my looking and knowing 3/4 ton or more go big 8ft min size to start. and dont forget when you angle thay get narrower . so the 7/6 would be much to small for your truck in the end.