1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I finally got some real lights on the truck!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DCJ inc., Oct 16, 2008.

1. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

I finally got real lights on the truck but theres a problem. Its a whelen mini egde, its permanent mount but the bar sits up to high off the roof i hate it looks like ****. so my question is do they make a low pro mounting system for these lights?

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

did you already drill the roof or is it on a backrack?

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

dear god i hope he didn't drill the roof!!! if your putting it on a backrack you can very easily make a set of brackets to place it at whatever height you want it.

4. ColliganLands

if its on the rack ill send you some pictures of what i did for mine it sits about 1 1/2 inches off the roof

5. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

i drilled the roof and mounted it the only reason why I did this is b.c i use my back rack as a ladder and lumber rack almost weekly. If i didnt use the back rack i would have mounted it on there..so so they back a low pro mount kit or can i make one.?

6. ColliganLands

ill put some pics of how i did it on the back rack
    we took some steel plate cut it to width of lightbar slid it in where the feet were then welded bolts through it to use as mounting studs. alos we used another piece with set screws to hold everyhting in place. for you i would put some spacers in between the roof and bar the bar if you do this like 1/2 inch or so
    here are the pics i already posted in another thread
    i can take better more detailed ones in the am if your interested
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=65656

-Kyle

7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

If you already drilled the roof, you're screwed. The only option whelen makes that would be considered "low profile" is the stud mounts, which sit the bar right down on a flat surface. And the holes wouldnt even be close to where the holes for the feet are.

8. ColliganLands

if he does what i did it might just work mine are fully adjustable they slide in the bar just like the feet did
    not to argue with you sine im sure you know better than i do. but it might be possible and it would be very inexpensive to try

9. DCJ inc.

DCJ inc. Member

yea i have to spend some time looking at it and figure something out. i didnt install it so i didnt even know what it wood like like before my g/f brought the truck home. i love you truck. an f350 will deffinatly be my ext truck but i think ill get grey. I have an 04 dodge now..its good truck but its getting tired. the only draw back to it is its a gas truck. next ill have a deisel...!

10. ColliganLands

thanks for the comments
    let me know if you need some detailed pictures - like i said im not sure if it will work for you but it wont cost you too much to try it and if does work youre set if not its 10-15 bucks

11. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

why dont you put flat head screws in the holes and seal around them

12. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

thats the mount they have on the Towman's 9M Series ......right?

13. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Yes, typically the towmans bar comes with the stud mounts.