1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I faught the snow and the snow won

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ECS, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Yepper, that is the tune going through my head all day today.

The snow this year is kicking my arse and I am tired of it. I still have so much committed work to do that I have not even been able to start it yet.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well you know what to do.

cast.jpg

airplane1.jpg

sand.jpg

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Or....Secret Aaaaagent Man. Secret. Aaaaagent man. They're giving you a snow shovel, and takin away your name.....

4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I cant believe you have started two threads about how you are complaining about there being to much snow. Do you hear that sounds. IT is the smallest violin playing you a sad song :cry:...

5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thats a little unfair Burkhart. He hasnt just gotten snow. He's gotten record rediculous snow.

His frustration is totally understandable and February is the month for burning out in this business.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Thats would be a nice problem to have if you ask me !!

7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I guest sympathy is a little hard to express since there have been so many winters of complaining about no snow/work..... I guess this is the year to save up for the next few that are less than productive...

8. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Here ya go ECS, a special song for you.

I FOUGHT THE SNOW
    By ECS
    (SteveJ)

(A') Breakin' burms with my ... Boss Vee
    I Fought the Snow and the ... Snow won
    I needed money, 'cause I ... had none

I left my baby and I feel so bad
    I guess my Dodge is done
    Well, she's the best truck ... I've ever had

(Instrumental Break)

Plowin' people with a . . . 3/4 ton

I miss my horsy and the ... Good fun

I left my baby and I feel so bad
    I guess my Dodge is done
    But, she's the best truck ... I've ever had
    I Fought the Snow and the ... Snow won :D

9. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Thanks SteveJ, I love it. When I go out in the snow again tomorrow, I will know all the words. :D

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

fogt.jpg

11. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Thanks GV, now I will have that picture in my head as well. :eek:

12. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Thats sno farmer on the right isn't it?

:jester:

The guy on the left looks just like the weatherman Chuck Gaidica from Detroit WDIV.

lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I can't believe you guys keep chasing him around and giving him crap about it.

14. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I think he likes me Mark. :D

15. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Dude If you need some operators. Send me a plane ticket, and I will be on the next plane out there.

16. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

No sympathy from me here. The last storm, we were under a winter storm warning with projected snowfall totals of 6-8 inches, possibly more. For us here in Indy, that is a decent amount of snow. You know what we go?????????????? 1/2 inch of B.S. Now we are being forecasted for 4-7 this evening into tomorrow afternoon. how much you think we'll get this time???????? No sympathy for you!

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

There is alot more stress getting too much snow then not enough, I don't think you understand just how much snow he is getting. He's not new to the buisiness, so he knows what he''s talking about.

18. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Not looking for any sympathy. Where did I evr type on this site that I was looking for sypathy? I would like you to show me. I have come on here and vented and have been frustrated & tired, but I did not ask for any sympathy. ;) Hopefully you will get the snow you need and want. Who knows, maybe you will be blessed with the same heavy, windblown, 2-4 foot drifts, whiteout conditions, roads closed, decks & roofs ready to colapse, everyone that plows falling further & furter behind, fuel in town running out, and then you will be happy. :D :drinkup:
    Well I dealt with it, I survived, and took yesterday off. Today I used a snow blower to blow out a drive that had 4 feet of snow in it, and I am now caught up. I only have to wait for a loader to do one driveway for me and push piles back in 2 others now. Life is good again. I was to supervise a roof job today, but with it getting up to 39 yesteday, the snow went way down and I canceled the roof job. This year is the first time I have ever seen asphalt shingled roof slide also. One of the properties I do, the roof slid in 3 ft thick slabs ont the drifts by the house. They can not see out of their house and only part of the house, mostly the roof, is visable from the road. So with any luck, you will get what we did and you will be a happy little camper. :nod:

19. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I was joking about the sympathy comment. Definitely no harm intended. More like being a smart a$$ and complaining that we got screwed last time. Sorry you guys took it the wrong way. Just joking around here fellas.

20. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

my name is kevin and i live in ohio and i have a problem i wanna go out west and play in the snow but nobody will fund my adventure.