1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I drilled holes in my plow today.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Sep 25, 2006.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Now I know that one has to get some kind of attention. I bought a used truck and plow recently for my driveway this winter. Reading these forums I've learned a lot. The plow does not have too much rust on it for it's age so I figured I would scrape any rust, treat it and paint it up before winter. While scraping the front I noticed when I scraped away some bubbled paint in certain areas there were actually small holes and water came out. After looking around I figured out that on the back side where the braces are welded, they are welded top, center and bottom, not the full length of the brace. Water gets in between, goes to the bottom and has nowhere else to go and just sits there. Turned the plow face down and on the very bottom of these braces I drilled a small hole on each brace bottom and tipped the plow back up and now the water can drain out. Just seems like a design flaw where water can never escape but now it can.

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

holes are good

Yes you found that it is a flaw and a way to corect

100_0065 (Medium) (Medium).jpg

3. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

That's exactly what I did :D