1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I dont think curb guard kit would work for me

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by farmboy52787, Dec 11, 2008.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Ive got a property that has paved curbing around the edge of it and the curbing is pretty short. The first time i plowed it i dug into a little bit and the owner called me the next day to tell me to stay away because I took a little groove out of it about 16 feet long. I have an extreme V and looking at the curb guards on the Fisher site, they arent mounted at the bottom of the blade and i dont think the guard would ever rub against the curb before the cutting edge would be on the curb. I guess the curb guards are mostly to be used around granite curbing. Guess I'll just have to stay a ways away from it. Also its not a straight curb its a nice long gradual curve so i put up some more stakes to help define the curve. Any advice is apprecidated

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I thnk the curbs you are reffering too are called Burms. I will never plow a parking lot that has them. The are soft and can be ripped up easy