1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I don't get it

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by 00 Ram, Dec 14, 2005.

1. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

I was just looking at the snowman website. anyone have any idea how you're supposed to push back corners/cleanup and stack snow with one of these things? the video just shows the driver leaving a big-ol' pile of snow at the end of his driveway. um...now what? :confused:

I can see how it would be a useful tool for a commercial plower in conjunction with a front blade. but by itself?
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It wasn't intended to be used by itself. The video repeatedly states "to be used in conjunction with a front plow". The main purpose of any backplow is to eliminate backdragging and subsequent turnaround.
  3. PPP

PPP Member

There's a plow out there by a company called Driveway Super Plow Inc at a web site called superplow. com. It appears that you can plow in reverse as well. Do a quick search and they should be easy to find.
  4. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I have the residential version (will be selling). It does angle and after practice I was able to get most of the snow to stack up along the sides.

What drove me nutz was the hook-up and removal. On average it took me 10-20 mins each time. The difficulty MAY have been increased by the fact that I have an uneven gravel drive. But I just couldn't take it any more.

I just purchased a Poly Boss. I had VERY limited options for my 03 1/2 ton two years ago which was a big reason why I went with the snowman then.

Just waiting for good snow to use The Boss now.
  5. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Those back blades look like a serious bummer.

Just learn to back drag and save the money and hassle.

I wouldnt install one on my truck if you paid me to hang it on there.
  6. mole

mole Senior Member

don't knock untill you tried one. Just got a back drag from another co. I wouldn't do with out one so much fater and cleaner. u scrap right down to the pavement, and as you know with back dragging u float half of the time leaving a layer, even if you push up before u back drag. trust me I been back draaging for 10 years now. I wish I was smart enough to get one 9 years ago.
  7. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

This is the only (I think) rear plow that you can also push with. I have used it for two years for 6 drives and a small lot and it has worked great. VERY easy to remove and install on the truck. The best thing is it will fit anything with a class 3 hitch.
  8. rabsparks

rabsparks Junior Member

Had one for a couple of years now

I bought a Snowman a couple of years ago so that I didn't have to spend heavy snowstorms on my open tractor any longer. I certainly had issues with the company and their concept of customer service, but the plow is on the Jeep and it does a good job on my 1100 ft. driveway.

Remember, for the most part, rear mounted plows for SUVs fill a need in that some SUVs such as my Jeep Grand Cherokee have a unibody construction. Putting a front plow on it would likely damage the suspension.

the rear plow, which can be angled from inside the Jeep, lets me pull the snow off of the driveway. No, it's not made for stacking snow and I don't have a need to stack it. In a heavy storm I plow such that I have room alongside the driveway for the next load of snow.

All in all, it keeps my driveway clear. Would I use it for a commercial application? Maybe, but then only with a front plow. The rear mount does let you get closer to various obstacles to pull the snow away, e.g. garages.
  9. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I needed ballast and downpressure and I hate to backdrag and I had the money to pay cash for it, part of it was a X-mas present from girlfriend and I wanted a new toy, so I said what the heck.

Now that I have it, I feel stupid for waiting to buy the thing. You don't notice it much at first. Like taking your first lesson in golf and you use a Big Bertha, big deal, right? You still suck in the beginning.

But jeez, when you get good with it! You look like this guy--->payup
  10. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Guys SuperPlow is now under new ownership, and we are here to stay. Our plow IS (as stated) the only rear mount that will plow either direction. We also have a new website with lots more info. Some very good points were made in this thread. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2007