1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

I don't envy you guys!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaveVB, Feb 7, 2004.

1. DaveVB

DaveVB Junior Member

First of all, the weathermen missed the 15" call for last weekend by 15", then he underestimated the forecast 3-5 by 6".
    I work for a private Bible College in KC. Our F350 truck (no overload springs) was new back in '81, it now has lived a full life. The plow is an old Meyer that hit something too hard once and now only fully plows to the left. The blade lifts when to the right. The spreader is an old one?? that won't run much faster than idle, and since the boss backed it into a loading dock and ruined the chute, we drop salt/sand into the tire tracks when necessary. Works rather well actually, when you have to, you have to!!! But, when the spreader is full -1 ton + - and in 4wheel, it will push a lot of snow, as we found out this past week. But, I am the one who found out and boy, parking lots stink with the back and forth business. Give me a runway and a 54K Oshkosh rollover plow any day. I did enjoy it for a while, but as I said, I don't envy you guys a bit. Still love the snow. Take care and God bless, DaveVB

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

so if you dont envy us i guess you wont be plowing anymore thats what i take from this thread